Close

Default Distributor Suggestions

Hello All,

I'm working on getting my 85 GT back to running condition and am considering a disty upgrade. But I've been reading how MSD "ain't what it used to be" as the products are now made in either China or Mexico and that there are issues with reliability and/or general product quality.

The engine will see some slight mods over time but nothing too crazy. It'll stay carbed with a 650, will eventually get GT40P or better heads, a cam, etc. to about 300 or so HP.

I'd like to hear some suggestions and/or info on what you're running for the ignition system and your experience with your setup.

Thanks!

BG

At that level, I would stick with a good Duraspark setup. Recurve it if necessary, but they are reliable and produce a strong spark.

I ran one in my Sportsman Stock Car and never had an issue, 7000 RPMs was my redline but usually stayed in the 6800 range (Stock block 351W).

Use the money for headers, H pipe, etc that will get you to your goal faster.

Kenny

Send your distributor to Glazer/Nolan Mustang Barn and have them re curve it to the Boss 302 specs.

https://cdn.website.thryv.com/7fc8b0...ifications.pdf