I have a 79 Capri that is having some strange issues I can't seem to get to the root of.

Toward the end of last year when I was getting ready to put it up for the winter it would start cold just fine, but after about 10min, or whenever it got warm, it would suddenly die, and there was no starting it again until it cooled down.

When it quits and I try starting it again, I notice that right as I turn off the key the engine makes a quick sputter, like I would have gotten it started had I just kept turning it over a bit more! I think the car is taunting me.

Fast forward to this week, and now the car won't start up when cold, same symptom where the car sputters a little after letting off the key. I eventually did get it to start, but died while driving down the road again.

--- Setup ---
5.0 Rollercam V8 from a '91 mustang and Carb'd
Carter fuel pump with Holley bypass regulator

---Things that happened before this problem started ---

I foolishly tried plugging in the Gauge cluster from my '85 parts car into my '79 since it looked like it would fit and noticed stuff was starting to smell so I disconnected everything as quickly as I could.

Since putting the original cluster back in, I notice my Horn and temperature gauge sometimes do not work.

Also replaced the Heater Core, don't see how that could effect anything though.

---- Troubleshooting ----
The car is getting gas, has compression, and has air, so pretty sure it's spark that's the issue

I replaced the following parts:
- Ignition Module (brand new)
- Ignition Switch (from '85 parts car)
- Coil (from '85 parts car)

I experienced the exact same symptoms with each part.

Did I fry something when I put in the newer gauge cluster that could cause intermittent issues like this? Not sure what I should try next.

Thanks!