Close

Default H&R super sport coil springs. Anyone have them?

I have an 85 on ford C springs. It’s always say high in the front with them. Been bidding me for a long long time. I actually ran the stock rear springs w poly isolators and a big ole tire to compensate for the front skyscraper look.

But now I’m not a college kid and actually have money to spend.

I ordered a set of H&R super sport springs (1.5” drop) today with some MM caster/camber plates. I already run Eibach struts and shocks but like an idiot didn’t buy the coils with the kit back then.

Anything I need to know about them before I accept the shipment? Issues? Experiences?

Anyone have pics of their foxes with them on?

I don't believe the H&R Sport Springs and the Eibach dampers are a perfect match, but should be ok. The Eibach springs would be a better match and give you almost the same lowering affect and most likely provide a better ride and handling. If you just want the lower ride height then stick with the Sport Springs.

Other than that, H&R makes great products and you shouldn't have any issues in regards to quality, install, etc. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I also ran the "C" springs on my 86 GT, but mine had a nose down rake; in fact the rear was too high for my tastes. You did loosen the a-arms to take pre-load off the bushings, correct?

In any event, I also ran the H&R Super Sports on my 01 Cobra. Dropped it pretty low - so low that the K member hit high spots in the road. But the New Edge cars sit lower at the K than Fox k does. The springs were on the comfortable side, but I also had an IRS car. I agree with wraithracing that the Ebachs might be under damped. I ran Bilstein 00 Cobra Rs on the 01.

FEP Senior Member Patrick Olsen's Avatar

Another vote for "front C springs sat too low" on my '89, and that seems to be pretty common from what I've seen over the past 25 years or so of forum browsing. I'm surprised that your front end would be too high with the C springs, Joe.

Personally, I think everyone should convert their front end to coilovers. Improved performance and improved ride quality, one of the best changes I've ever made to my car. Of course, you'll need new dampers, as I don't think the Eibachs would do the trick, so it would be quite a bit more of an investment than just replacing your springs. But you did say you've got money to spend.
    '89 GT convertible - not a four-eye
    '82 Zephyr Z7 - future track car

Another vote here for coilovers! First car I’ve ever driven with them and the ride is so much nice than even the stock set up. Running Strange 10 ways, 14/175 springs, and MM camber plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

What does "before I accept the shipment?" mean?
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hidley View Post
    What does "before I accept the shipment?" mean?
    Haha. I ordered the H&R super sport springs before I posted. But then thought if someone had a clear better option, I’d just send the HR springs back without opening.

But now I have them and opened up etc. So they will go in as soon as my exhaust setup is produced and shipped to me.

I have run the C springs for a number of years now. They have always been higher in the front. I even switched out tires in the rear to a large 50 series on my 17” wheels to compensate for the height difference.

I have always been again a slammed mustang. I do prefer the gasser look to the slammed look. But the stance being messed up just bugged the hell outa me. So hopefully the super sport springs will even the car out and give it the right rake.

I have height adjustable LCAs on the rear so I can always jack it alittle up to get my stance right as long as the front comes down to the proper spot.
    Joe E.