Close

Default Rollmaster set??

Ok so I want a rollmaster timing set for my 78 302 with a 2 piece eccentric. I want the gold set. Which part number do I buy. I want the most expensive best you can get as blowes only lasted 3000miles and it is worn to hell and backfiring.
    If someone can help as ordering from Canada and will not be able to return it also the extremely long wait times due to shipping I would like to get in in 3 or 4 weeks time not 6 months when it is winter again.. lol

Any help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by 78futura View Post
    Ok so I want a rollmaster timing set for my 78 302 with a 2 piece eccentric. I want the gold set. Which part number do I buy. I want the most expensive best you can get as blowes only lasted 3000miles and it is worn to hell and backfiring.
    If someone can help as ordering from Canada and will not be able to return it also the extremely long wait times due to shipping I would like to get in in 3 or 4 weeks time not 6 months when it is winter again.. lol

Any help would be appreciated!
    I went with the cs10025 for 271 canadian..
    I wish more people would ship to Canada. Going to have to go to two vendors for two parts..

Blah..

Ok so my trust plate is 251 and new is 251 with the bearing. My nitrated billet sprocket with the torrington bearing when tightened up 1/4 turn from tight cam not turn the cam sprocket. Are these supposed to have preload with this setup. No directions came with the timing set for 330CAD ya think would get some info. And ideas??

Ok so my thrust plate is 251 and new is 251 with the bearing. My nitrated billet sprocket with the torrington bearing when tightened up 1/4 turn from tight cam not turn the cam sprocket. Are these supposed to have preload with this setup. No directions came with the timing set for 330CAD ya think would get some info. And ideas??

Did you countersink the cam retainer plate and use flat head cap screws to hold it on? You need to do this, and make sure that the bolt heads will sit down below the surface of the plate. I think the spec is .003"-.005" of camshaft end play with the sprocket bolted on. I had to take my retainer plate to work and dust a few thousandths off of mine on the surface grinder to get the proper amount of end play. The small amount of end play is needed for oil to get into the torrington bearing. If you don't have access to a surface grinder, you can use some sandpaper taped to a piece of glass.

Cale

Re-read you last post and understood it a lot better. No you should not have preload!

Cale