Close

Default 1980 dash hvac system

I have 1980 cobra was a turbo 4 cylinder car swapped a 82 gt drivetrain into the car. Had to take the dash and the hvac box out to replace the brake line that runs in the car. I'm puting the wiring harness back in the dash from the 1982 gt. Does the vent box just sit there up agents the center vent under the defrost vent? Does anyone have a photo of how it's supposed to look? Thanks

The main Evaporator/heater core box is bolted to the firewall and has the additional bracket that attaches to the bracket just below the windshield on the inside. The ducts and vents are installed in the dash assembly and then sits against the opening in the HVAC Box and have a thick foam gasket that seals the duct work to the box. The lower heater duct has some screws/bolts that attach it, but I don't recall right now if that attaches to the HVAC box or the lower section of the duct work. Hope that helps in some way. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller