Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is there a part number for the Summit shorty headers? I'm not seeing them on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by easytiger864 View Post
    Is there a part number for the Summit shorty headers? I'm not seeing them on their website.
    Forget about Summit, just have your paycheck sent directly to LMR.
    It also saves time by cutting out the middleman.

https://lmr.com/products/79-93-Mustang-Headers

I suggest the BBK Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers, new head gaskets, new studs, bolts, lock washers, what-ever.

https://lmr.com/item/BBK-15150/79-93...Shorty-Headers

Increase the power on your Fox Mustang with a set of these 79-93 Mustang 5.0L Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers by BBK.
    Item #BBK-15150
    MPN# 15150
    Price: $329.99

Fwiw, *IMHO*, Ceramic coated headers are good for ~5-20+ years.
    ALL others are good for ~1-20+ years.
    YMMV!

Imho, don't bother with the equal length headers.
    Unless it's a pure drag car, the possible MAX ~~1-2HP isn't worth the reducing in low/mid HP. And, they super massively mega SUCK when you have to try to route spark plug wires and not have the wire sit on a header pipe or be "too close" to a header pipe. Plus, the equal length headers add even more heat to the already near-sun-like temperatures in a Fox engine compartment.

If you have AC, it's a good idea to have shorty wrenches, and you may have to modify (bend/cut) a wrench to properly tighten the bolts.

Imho, also, don't even think of removing old bolts/nuts unless you get them red hot with MAPP gas or an Induction Heating Bolt Remover (one of my favorite tools!).

Good Luck!
    And, yes, I am a massive LMR leg-humper.
    Last edited by stangPlus2Birds; 04-28-2021 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by easytiger864 View Post
    It appears that the Summit headers are no longer available.

And I would really have to disagree with the need to fork out extra for the ceramic headers. Used to daily an 86 GT in the rust belt, for 3 years. Only issue I ever had with my chrome BBK headers was a pinhole leak in the collector that took 20 minutes and welder, and it was caused by the welds on the collector itself being thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    The SMR pipe on ebay has jumped $20 in a week and they have sold a ton. I guess everyone is getting them while they can and the seller realizes this too. Price will only go north from here.
    SMR Pipe is now $189. Gone up $40. Has anyone installed this pipe? See on youtube several issues with it. Also see feedback that it's garbage. I contacted Jegs directly and they are no longer stocking their brand H-Pipe. Once the flow tech is sold out, they will no longer be able to stock that either because the manufactures have ceased production.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Off road X-pipe are still available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12