Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best quality hpipe

I see that there is a very limited selection now for the offroad hpipes now. What do you all recommend now? I’m only seeing a Jegs or Flowtech available now. I’m running shorty headers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

Feds done cracked down. Get ready for most parts to start disappearing. Sad times a comin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-S217bdUHM
    Last edited by mcb82gt; 03-24-2021 at 12:06 PM.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

I have a Jegs one on my car, bought a couple years ago now. Fitment is nowhere near what the first one I had on my mustang was (that one was from the early 2000s, sat in storage before my neighbor gave it to me).

And for the record, the Flowtech and Jegs are the same part.

1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

Thanks very much for your input! Looks like I will just order the Jegs before I don’t have any option. I can’t find a good one used and would prefer new.

~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Quote Originally Posted by mcb82gt View Post
    Feds done cracked down. Get ready for most parts to start disappearing. Sad times a comin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-S217bdUHM
    Definitely said what the world is coming too.

~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Quote Originally Posted by mustang4life1985 View Post
    Thanks very much for your input! Looks like I will just order the Jegs before I don’t have any option. I can’t find a good one used and would prefer new.

No problem, they were about the only option when I looked a couple years ago too. As a heads up, if your automatic (AOD family) it will most likely fit like crap.

I have a stock block 302, stock k member, MM solid motor mounts (so no drop, new stock height) and Summit shorty headers (highly recommend, they are beautiful, stainless/TIG welded, and 3/8” flanges). My drivers side pipe hangs real low, the crossover is angled funny, and the passenger side is basically off in the opposite direction. Fit the same with the old Ford Motorsport shorties I ran too. Actually going to take it to an exhaust shop to fix it, add different mufflers/hangers, and build some tail pipes because it irritates me so much.

1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

Quote Originally Posted by wdanison43103 View Post
    No problem, they were about the only option when I looked a couple years ago too. As a heads up, if your automatic (AOD family) it will most likely fit like crap.

I have a stock block 302, stock k member, MM solid motor mounts (so no drop, new stock height) and Summit shorty headers (highly recommend, they are beautiful, stainless/TIG welded, and 3/8” flanges). My drivers side pipe hangs real low, the crossover is angled funny, and the passenger side is basically off in the opposite direction. Fit the same with the old Ford Motorsport shorties I ran too. Actually going to take it to an exhaust shop to fix it, add different mufflers/hangers, and build some tail pipes because it irritates me so much.

Thanks and they only had 7 left in stock. I can’t believe that these aren’t going to be available much longer! Luckily I have a T5 going in vs the SROD. Hopefully it will fit better than with an automatic trans.

That would definitely aggravate me and hope you get it squared away. I have some shorty headers that came on my motor that are not stamped. I wish I knew the brand. Thanks for the recommendation on the Summit headers. I have a LX stainless tailpipe kit and just need to order two Dynomax Ultraflo mufflers and flowtubes.

~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Default Best quality hpipe

My mustang was a T5 with BBK shorties and that one fit fantastic, so hopefully yours does too.

And yes I definitely recommend the Summit shorties! The only draw back is they come with bolts and not studs, so if you go that route I’d weld some bolts into them. Makes it a bit of chore if you unbolt the h-pipe by yourself.

I’m not surprised they don’t fit on my LTD, nothing I have done to the car has been as easy as the mustang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
    Last edited by wdanison43103; 03-24-2021 at 08:54 PM.

I have the same prob the drivers side hangs too low. 84 vert stock 302 shorty and a off road h pipe. the prob is the bend in the header pipe not the headers.I have a BBK cat setup and it is bent the same way I think they all copied off each other
    LIFE IS ONE LONG WEEKEND

I have a Motorsport SS H-pipe if intreseted
    1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

FEP Senior Member

No more JEGS H-Pipes. Hopefully they restock them. I noticed the SS JEGS H-pipe has not been restocked since before Christmas, so that one might be done.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    No more JEGS H-Pipes. Hopefully they restock them. I noticed the SS JEGS H-pipe has not been restocked since before Christmas, so that one might be done.
    Wow, that's too bad and hopefully they restock them. My order should be here on Tuesday. I keep reading good reviews for fitment of the Jegs hpipe with the T5. I also ordered the Dynomax Ultra Flow Mufflers as I saw a message that the stock was getting low on those. Now the only thing left that I need is to order the flow tubes. I'm definitely not pleased with the selection of cat back systems these days.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Doesn't look like any vendors will be restocking them any time soon.
    https://youtu.be/bvuiut8iQIM
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Going forward, are exhaust shops going to be able to fabricate the h-pipe for you, or is that going to be a regulatory issue as well? X-pipe might be a little tougher, but I would think most exhaust shops could do an H-pipe pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangwolf View Post
    Going forward, are exhaust shops going to be able to fabricate the h-pipe for you, or is that going to be a regulatory issue as well? X-pipe might be a little tougher, but I would think most exhaust shops could do an H-pipe pretty easily.
    In my state (West Virginia), most of the shops will refuse to remove cats. They told me that if I cut them off and brought it in, they could weld in a straight pipe or whatever. I wasn't removing anything, but they offered that info just in random conversation.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd

Most reputable shops around here will do exhaust work according to the year of the car, but if the car has off road h or x pipes will still put on mufflers. Just can't install "illegal " stuff.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It’s crazy how much things have changed. Most of us don’t even drive our cars that often. I only drive them in good weather. Definitely glad I was able to get what I needed.

~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

FEP Senior Member

There is still SMR H pipes being offered on ebay. Not really good reviews on it. There is a YouTube video on it and the guy needed to relocate a O2 bung and the air pump tube.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    There is still SMR H pipes being offered on ebay. Not really good reviews on it. There is a YouTube video on it and the guy needed to relocate a O2 bung and the air pump tube.
    I also believe that the Flowtech hpipe may still be available. Luckily I will plug the O2 bungs.

~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Same here with the O2. I bought the SME H-Pipe but I haven't installed it yet. It does look like a nice peice but I will know more once I install it.
    79 Mustang Coupe - Jade Green Metallic - 5.0 5Sp - Purchased 2006
    17 Mustang Convertible - Triple Yellow Tri-Coat - 3.7l Auto - Purchased 2020
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    01 Mustang - 3.8 Auto True Blue - Oct 2001- Apr 2022 RIP
    85 ASC - McLaren 5.0 SC - ASC White - 5.0 CFI Auto - Owned 2004 - 2016
    98 Mustang - White - 3.8 5pd - Owned 1998 - 2001
    84 Mustang SSP - White - 5.0 5sp - Owned 1993 - 1998
    84 SVO - Charcoal - 2.3t 5Sp - Owned 1989 -1992
    79 Mustang Ghia - 5.0 Auto - Owned 1981 - 1986
    68 Mustang Coupe - 302 Auto, Yellow - Owned 1980 - 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Marty View Post
    Same here with the O2. I bought the SME H-Pipe but I haven't installed it yet. It does look like a nice peice but I will know more once I install it.
    Awesome , I hope it works out well for you. I’m so glad my cars are still carbureted as well.

~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Bought a used Ford Motorsports stainless H pipe a few years back, now this thread is going to make me crawl up in the attic to make sure I still have it. Plan was to use it to eliminate the light off cats on a new oem Mustang H-pipe I have for the GT40P swap.
    1985 LTD LX original owner

You can buy h-pipe and x-pipe kits. Those should make it easy for any exhaust shop to build your exhaust.
    Name:  Screenshot_20210405-172659_eBay.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  155.0 KB
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd

FEP Senior Member

The SMR pipe on ebay has jumped $20 in a week and they have sold a ton. I guess everyone is getting them while they can and the seller realizes this too. Price will only go north from here.

Americans may need to start buying performance parts from Canada, wouldn't that be a change!
    Try TDot Performance, they carry them.
    https://www.tdotperformance.ca/catal...mustang+h+pipe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast