Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Has anyone used the Essex or Ultra Plush from ACC?

What sound deadening is everyone using?

Quote Originally Posted by K_Mac View Post
    Has anyone used the Essex or Ultra Plush from ACC?

What sound deadening is everyone using?
    I used a combination of dynamat that was left over from a family members previous project and this product. Pretty much the same stuff at a way cheaper price. Also got the acc carpet with the mass backing.

https://www.amazon.ca/Cofair-Product...09418298&psc=1
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by Sask84gt View Post
    I used a combination of dynamat that was left over from a family members previous project and this product. Pretty much the same stuff at a way cheaper price. Also got the acc carpet with the mass backing.

https://www.amazon.ca/Cofair-Product...09418298&psc=1
    Appreciate the link, I've never used Dynamat but now have a better understanding of what it actually is. We used something similar on trailers if a driver ever punctured one.

Also I'll try to post a pic below showing the ACC standard cutpile versus the thicker. You can get the mass backing on either one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I put the standard ACC carpet with mass backing in a 1998 Cobra several years ago. It did help with the overall sound deadening, but honestly not sure I would spend the $$ on it again. The carpet was heavy as heck and the mass backing definitely didn't improve the fit of the carpet. I got it all to fit and look decent, but the thickness of the mass backing and its general heaviness didn't seem to improve the heat set of the formed carpet. This was many years ago basically right after they begin offering it, so things might have changed since then, but I doubt it. Personally I will use my normal sound deadening material and regular carpet. I have been doing that to several vehicles lately and have been pretty happy with the overall improvement in sound deadening and quieting the interior noise down some. Good Luck and let us know how things go if you do purchase the mass backing.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    I put the standard ACC carpet with mass backing in a 1998 Cobra several years ago. It did help with the overall sound deadening, but honestly not sure I would spend the $$ on it again. The carpet was heavy as heck and the mass backing definitely didn't improve the fit of the carpet. I got it all to fit and look decent, but the thickness of the mass backing and its general heaviness didn't seem to improve the heat set of the formed carpet. This was many years ago basically right after they begin offering it, so things might have changed since then, but I doubt it. Personally I will use my normal sound deadening material and regular carpet. I have been doing that to several vehicles lately and have been pretty happy with the overall improvement in sound deadening and quieting the interior noise down some. Good Luck and let us know how things go if you do purchase the mass backing.
    Now I'm not sure which way to go. lol I want thick plush carpet but not bulky wrinkles and a bad fit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12