Close

Default 1984 5.0 PCV grommets

Does anyone know the correct part number for the two grommets for a 1984 5.0 Mustang? The ones I am finding are the kind that go straight into ford aftermarket valve covers. I need the grommets that go into the ... uh... cap? that goes into the valve cover. Also the gasket that goes underneath. Both driver's and passenger's side.
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

If you mean the gasket between the cap and the valve cover where the pcv (both driver and passenger sides) hoses go in, I just said f it and bought some good old thick cork gasket material and cut it out with some scissors. 5 years later it is still working fine.
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    K&N filter in a stock dual snorkel, GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721 intake, MSD 8456 Dist., MSD 8227 coil
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals
    Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, dura grip (both Yukon)
    Ford Performance Springs, Firehawk A/S 225/55r16 on LMR TRX r390 wheels (street)
    Federal 595 rs-rr 245/40r17 and 255/40r17 on OE cobra r wheels (race)
    AOD rebuilt with a 6 clutch direct drum, Koline steels stacked with 8 clutches, Kevlar band, superior shift kit, new torque converter. --Everything else stock and fully functional.

I could do that, but if there is a part number I'd rather do that. I also need the grommets that go in the cap (both sides). The PO of the 84 I just bought dismantled the PCV system. I'm trying to get it back to where it needs to be.

Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

Uggh. If I remember correctly, on the passenger side I just bought the whole cap and hose from AutoZone and it has been fine. It was ugly though. So I kept the stock cap on the driver side. I seriously doubt you will be able to find that grommet. If you get the inside and outside diameter you need I bet you could just get a generic grommet to fit. There is nothing special about that particular part.
    K&N filter in a stock dual snorkel, GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721 intake, MSD 8456 Dist., MSD 8227 coil
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals
    Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, dura grip (both Yukon)
    Ford Performance Springs, Firehawk A/S 225/55r16 on LMR TRX r390 wheels (street)
    AOD rebuilt with a 6 clutch direct drum, Koline steels stacked with 8 clutches, Kevlar band, superior shift kit, new torque converter. --Everything else stock and fully functional.

The last time I had to buy these I got them from the local Ford Dealer, but at that time (199 he told me that it was being discontinued by Ford. It may just end up with me buying a lot of grommets until I find one that fits. This one looks close, but I can't be sure. https://www.autozone.com/emission-co...066/720839_0_0

Just got them today. Dorman PCV Valve Grommet 42066. Works perfectly. Still figuring out the gasket under the cap.

Yeah, thick cork.... And scissors

That does appear to be the only option at this point. Where does one aquire thick cork?

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 79Coupe View Post
    That does appear to be the only option at this point. Where does one aquire thick cork?
    NAPA should have cork gasket sheet that you can use.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Or $5 off Amazon. lol

I appreciate the help!

I realize this is quite a late reply, but I try to help out with part numbers in case anyone is ever looking for them. I was looking through the forums threads here trying to figure out what size the factory tailpipes are for the 85 GT's, and I stumbled across this post.

In this case, for the 1980-1984 5.0 engines, the PCV grommet part number is E6TZ 6A892-C. For the 1985 5.0 engine the part number is E5TZ 6A892-B (replaced by E7AZ 6A892-A).

For the elbow connector grommet, the part number is the same for the H/O engines, E2ZZ 6A892-A.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post
    I realize this is quite a late reply, but I try to help out with part numbers in case anyone is ever looking for them. I was looking through the forums threads here trying to figure out what size the factory tailpipes are for the 85 GT's, and I stumbled across this post.

In this case, for the 1980-1984 5.0 engines, the PCV grommet part number is E6TZ 6A892-C. For the 1985 5.0 engine the part number is E5TZ 6A892-B (replaced by E7AZ 6A892-A).

For the elbow connector grommet, the part number is the same for the H/O engines, E2ZZ 6A892-A.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
    Thanks, its helping me....

Here is a repop of the driver's side PCV grommet...
    https://lmr.com/item/LRS-C8SZ6892/79...er-cap-grommet

And here's a repop of the pass side one for the elbow (and associated hose) that goes to the little breather element in the air cleaner housing...
    https://lmr.com/item/LRS-C8AZ6892/79...r-hose-grommet

And in case anyone is ever looking for the same grommets for the FPP valve covers, here are FPP ones...
    https://lmr.com/item/M6892F/Universal-Valve-Cover-Breather-Cap-Grommets

I'm sure they are available elsewhere too.... this was just the first place I looked.
    Last edited by 85GTGuy; 04-18-2023 at 02:22 PM.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)