Close

Default Low mile, barn find 82 gt for sale

I believe we have discussed this car in the not too distant past.

I didn't see that thread, just seen the listing today so posted the link for anybody looking for a 82 gt

Nice 82,,that interior looks clean!!

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    82 Capri BM, 84 Mustang Gt, 88 T-Bird TC, 93 Mustang

Looks really nice!
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

What was the discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
    I believe we have discussed this car in the not too distant past.

Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

Quote Originally Posted by 79Coupe View Post
    What was the discussion?
    It's buried in this thread:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...al-10500-miles

And here:
    https://www.facebook.com/594046312/p...212031313/?d=n
    1FABP16F9CF198915
    Last edited by mrmustang; 03-14-2021 at 06:34 PM.

Ah. I didn't realize it's the same car.

Oh ok, that's the same car didn't know. I thought he was just trying to sell the 79 cobra

Would love to know if the paint would shine up or whether it's faded forever. That would be the make it or break it for most people.
    82 Mercury Capri - 11.99 @ 112, AFR headed Mountaineer motor
    86 Mustang LX Coupe - the original Coyote swap 4-eye. Gone but not forgotten!

The only thing keeping me from it is that I bought an 82 Capri RS February of last year and an 84 Mustang GT February this year. I'm already out of room!

Oooff that 82 is a neat car but the paint and underside look like 203k, not 3k. Only thing that's nice about it is the interior. I don't think that paint would even buff out, it's too sunbaked. I saw a mint in every way 82GT with 20-30k miles go for $17k a few months ago. Considering 2021 prices to paint a car, this would only be a deal for a paint and body man with a lot of time on his hands.

Name:  82-1.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  114.9 KB

Name:  82-2.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  49.2 KB

Name:  82-3.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  59.6 KB

Name:  82-4.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  63.5 KB

Name:  82-5.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  117.9 KB
    82 Mercury Capri - 11.99 @ 112, AFR headed Mountaineer motor
    86 Mustang LX Coupe - the original Coyote swap 4-eye. Gone but not forgotten!

Do you have any pics of the underside? Framerails?

Looks like it sold. It may have been something I was interested in, but it seems nobody posts pics of the underside or frame rails, so wait I shall. lol

Not to bring this back but I didn't think 82 had t5 in them? I thought all 82 gt had 4 speeds still with the manual trans.
    1979 Ford Mustang Pace Car
    4.6 2V conversion underway!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shauncb View Post
    Not to bring this back but I didn't think 82 had t5 in them? I thought all 82 gt had 4 speeds still with the manual trans.
    82 GT with the 5.0 had the 4 spd SROD. The 82 GT with the automatic got the 4.2 V8.

T5 became available mid year 1983 and you could still opt for the 4 speed with a credit IIRC.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller