Close

Default new old member with a newer fox ?

since i had my 86 capri 5.0 from 05-08 ive gone through an 88 XR7, 96 XR7, and now and now a 94 XR7.
    i have been back here many times reading the posts, especially resto related ones. this is the most well laid out forum ive
    been on. my ? relates to an opportunity i have to purchase an 1 0wner 89 lx 5.0. i assume some of you might also have an 87-93 hidden
    somewhere. i havent found a forum that comes close to this one for the later stangs. im pretty much just want to redo the car cosmetically
    [refinish mouldings , restore items in motor compartment, etc] any forums that you could recommend? doesnt need a lot. i do need nos l & r muffler-tpipe assys. ppi is out right now. anyone have anything? thank you for reading. any info appreciated. i hate to start another money pit at 72 but i need somthing to fiddle with.
    thank you !!! irvin toms

ps- a lot of your posts still relate to the 87-93 cars. thats what i like.

Hi welcome. Whatever level of condition- get it reliable and respectable looking, drive it, and enjoy.
    No money pit if kept stock and not going for major restorations, or have a need for speed.
    They are like time machines or rolling fountain of youth machines.
    Nothing like doing a short burnout now and then.
    Newer muscle cars drivers like to rev engines at a light or gun it a bit on freeway as a hello.
    Not into cruising at 55 like older non overdrive old cars do. 60-70 is fine to keep up just enough.
    Heck hidden behind those deep tinted windows may be 80+ year olds driving those hot cars.
    Lots of people who were teens in the 50's are still at it cashing out that investment money for cars

One summer night cruising, stopped at a light, car next to me was full of teenage party girls.
    One commented loudly "aren't you a little old to cruise in that car?
    Responded "aren't you a little young to be out when the streetlights are on?"
    Never feel awkward being seen in it. Classic daily driver is always welcome at car shows.
    Played the radio loud back since started driving and still do if a good song, excuse being age related hearing loss.

Actually a lot of baby boomers stop to inspect and chat to say they had a Fox car.
    Not unusual younger ask to see the 2.3 turbo engine they never seen or knew existed before they were born.
    Neighbors, passer-byes, at gas stations, parking lots, car shows of course. Thumbs ups on the road. More every year.
    People seem to get more interested, curious, in a closer look when told car is pretty much stock as delivered, even when hood is closed.
    Even made new informal friends, something we all need but gets harder as we age and then retire.
    We now go to car shows or weekly weekend car cruises not so much to cruise, but sit, laugh, study and watch like birds.
    Coolers, sit in real web chairs or on low walls, food, music, walking around. Not ready for the mall benches or porch rocking chairs.
    The next level of lifestyle no clock to punch finally more time for the fun things.
    Last edited by gr79; 03-11-2021 at 08:55 PM.