Close

Thread: quiet here

Default quiet here

crazy how quiet this area is. So few of must remain by now. Nearly every one is unique in its own way

Much like "Video Killed the Radio Star", Facebook Killed the Forums.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Agreed. Everything is on Facebook now. The regular forums are now DEAD... Sad but true.

I figure the forums will pick up. I left fb after they started censoring everything that didn't meet their political agenda. I know a lot of people who did the same. The other newer social media networks have started picking up, but mostly as a gripe-fest for fb and Twitter. Anyway, web forums have always been the far superior format for car enthusiasts. The technical info is easier to find.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Not to mention Facebook owns anything on their platform and if they choose to delete it then poof, it is gone forever. Forums are a much better platform for information.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Broncojunkie View Post
    I figure the forums will pick up. I left fb after they started censoring everything that didn't meet their political agenda. I know a lot of people who did the same. The other newer social media networks have started picking up, but mostly as a gripe-fest for fb and Twitter. Anyway, web forums have always been the far superior format for car enthusiasts. The technical info is easier to find.
    I deactivated my account just before the election because I didn’t need to see all the BS. The stuff Zuckerberg has been pulling as far as censorship only reinforces my feeling that I don’t need to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The forum is VASTLY better than any fb page.
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

FEP Member

Same here. I'm just so busy with work I am beat when I get home. Being well into my 50's doesn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by KWH View Post
    Same here. I'm just so busy with work I am beat when I get home. Being well into my 50's doesn't help either.
    53 here, I feel your pain. Ha!
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

Most FB groups im on, are ****ty compared to forums. I much rather be on here. So many dumb posts on FB and same ones over and over and over!
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

X2 - I only log onto FEP once a week or so. Once winter takes a hike and car season picks up, I'll be checking in a bit more frequently.....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

I deleted facebook and moved on with my life.

Have a couple of forums I keep contact with and life is soooo much better! No drama, no problems!!
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

I check this page regularly, I was so excited to see there was a new post here lol. Was hoping it was another new Saleen found.
    Saleen 86-0177

FEP Power Member

Times are changing for sure...I discovered Instagram...boomers_foxbody_garage
    Last edited by Boomer85gt; 08-05-2021 at 05:35 AM.

I don't visit as much as I used to but I much prefer to come here. Besides, I don't have a Facebook account. Every time I almost sign up something convinces me otherwise.
    You're never too old!

Quote Originally Posted by mcb82gt View Post
    Most FB groups im on, are ****ty compared to forums. I much rather be on here. So many dumb posts on FB and same ones over and over and over!
    My brother-in-law is 50ish and has a newer Subara WRX, with some performance mods. He said he'd rather poke his eye out than ask those guys questions in the FB groups. He said he tried asking a simple question about some aftermarket brakes and just got about 50 replies like "ask your tuner" and vape-related jokes.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4