Close

Thread: Block numbers

Default Block numbers

Hey guys, I'm trying to decode the numbers on my engine block. My car has had several past owners, and I'm not sure if the block is original or not. The numbers cast on the side read EGAF D3G 20

And the stamped numbers are a little hard to decipher.
    I see it as E 254162

Any help would be great

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Thrakken; 02-21-2021 at 03:49 PM.

The partial engineering number is E0AF D3C and the date code is 4E10. The block was cast on May 10, 1984.

The partial VIN is incomplete or incorrect. Consecutive unit number 254162 is too high for 1984 Mustang.

What is your complete VIN?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

You have an engine decel label on tge sump and anothet on the drivers side aluminum rocker cover too that you can post.

FoxChassis, your logical approach always gets results. The Brinel hardness triangle landing punch on the back bellhousing mount engine number pad will allow you to find the full VIN code match. Ford did badic hardness tests on cast blocks, then serialized them.

Ok neat I'll definitely check the bell housing. My actual car is parked at my cabin right now, so I cannot verify its vin number yet.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

See FoxChassis other excellent work
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...y-engine-stock

Quote Originally Posted by 85CapriRS View Post
    Here is what it looks like after the chalk.

It looks like it could match up with the second half of the VIN numbers under my windshield that reads FF611439. What do you guys think?