Purchased a 84 with a 5.0, a little bit of work to it, nothing major. Edelbrock 1906 650 carb up top, with a b303, trick flow valve springs, 1.7RR, headers, edelbrock performer intake, edelbrock tall valve covers. Anyway I have yet to get my vacuum gauge on it as it is at my father in laws and I haven’t brought it to my house. Smell of fuel at idle. I had a hunch so I went. Half turn in on both fuel screws with no change until they were seated and it made no difference. Vacuum leak? Previous owner said upgraded jets and metering rods but did not say if he changed the springs. I don’t have the paperwork to see what color the factory spring is, was wondering if I have to put a lighter spring in there. Gonna pick up some propane and check for vac leaks today.

also on a side note I hear a bit of valve noise and with the 1.7’s was wondering if he didn’t set them right. my heat gun on the primaries were consistently 250 Fahrenheit for each primary, one or two were around 190. Thanks for any tricks and tips.

kevin