Close

Default Is there any place that sells OEM Ford Touch-Up Paint for our model years?

I'm looking for those small touch-up paint bottles that hold like .25-.50 oz. of OEM Ford paint with the brush inside. Obviously I want a new one and not a 35 year old one. I'm looking for Dark Gray Metallic, paint code 1D. Usually you can just go to a Ford dealership, but I doubt my local Ford dealership will carry this color.

Does anyone know if this is something I can find somewhere or do I need to just go to a bodyshop and get the paint custom mixed for me?

Thanks!

Here is one online. Have not tried yet. Waiting for warmer weather.
    Fair prices, ship cost.
    https://www.automotivetouchup.com/

Am interested too in Calypso Green spray paint for my Ranger.
    Have bought a pint locally and had it put into several spray cans.
    That is the only way they sell. Buy the larger qty, transfer to spray.

Car is black- nice inexpensive universal automotive black.
    Spare 2oz paint bottle with marble and brush top works good for touch up. Child lock cap sucks.
    Bottles seal and mix well, larger opening, better than the little 1/2 oz bottles that dry up in the neck.

Interesting site, thanks for it! I'll give it a shot!

FEP Power Member

Dr Colorchip online.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    Dr Colorchip online.

Thanks! I'll check it out!

The car has a very nice glossy sheen on it, but there are major areas with paint chips a few millimeters wide. I'm hoping to at least fill in those chips so they aren't as noticeable.
    1986 Mustang GT -DGM- Trick Flow 360 HP Top End Kit. TF 170CC Heads, TF Track Max Cam, TF TM Intake
    1999 Mustang GT -Garrett 67mm Turbo, E85 on 18lbs, Built SB, Cammed, 03 Cobra IRS, 675 RWHP- SOLD
    2013 Subaru WRX -FMS TMIC, Cobb AP, Full TBE -Catted DP, Whiteline Suspension Mods, 308/339-TOTALED.
    2012 Mustang GT -SCT X3 Bama Can Tune, JLT CAI, Barton Short Throw Shifter, Roush Axle Back -SOLD.

I just recently bought a touch up pen from these guys:

https://www.paintscratch.com

They were the only place that had Polar White for my 83. I haven't used it yet because of the cold temperatures outside.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

If you only want a small amount here is a site that makes paint for airbrushing Model cars. Nice thing is they are factory correct. You can either use a tooth pick to fill or touch up with an airbrush.

https://mcwfinishes.com/
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini1999 View Post
    I just recently bought a touch up pen from these guys:

https://www.paintscratch.com

They were the only place that had Polar White for my 83. I haven't used it yet because of the cold temperatures outside.
    Thanks, i'll check it out. A few more options now, i'll have to narrow it down.

Quote Originally Posted by gt4494 View Post
    If you only want a small amount here is a site that makes paint for airbrushing Model cars. Nice thing is they are factory correct. You can either use a tooth pick to fill or touch up with an airbrush.

https://mcwfinishes.com/

Unfortunately there are a few typical chip marks on the fender about the size of maybe less than half a cm, but the mark that concerns me is a big chip mark on the left rear fender about the size of 1.5cm or maybe the size of a dime if it were broken in half. I definitely need touch up paint to lay on heavy/multiple coats in this small area to make the chip mark not so noticeable.

The funny thing is, from about 5 feet away and even up close the paint looks really great and shines very nice with a good wax job. It's just these couple of larger than your average paint chips you would expect to see on an older vehicle that stand out that I would to do my best to cover up since getting a paint job isn't in the budget.
    1986 Mustang GT -DGM- Trick Flow 360 HP Top End Kit. TF 170CC Heads, TF Track Max Cam, TF TM Intake
    1999 Mustang GT -Garrett 67mm Turbo, E85 on 18lbs, Built SB, Cammed, 03 Cobra IRS, 675 RWHP- SOLD
    2013 Subaru WRX -FMS TMIC, Cobb AP, Full TBE -Catted DP, Whiteline Suspension Mods, 308/339-TOTALED.
    2012 Mustang GT -SCT X3 Bama Can Tune, JLT CAI, Barton Short Throw Shifter, Roush Axle Back -SOLD.

You may amaze yourself with some patience and proper prep and spray. Our cars were still single stage so you apply the paint, let dry and polish...
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"