Close

Thread: -84 svo

Default -84 svo

Has anyone seen the 1984 SVO for sale in Knoxville on CL? Ad states never titled but shows 14600 miles. I wish I could park this under the house, but my garage is full :/

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/ctd...269994227.html

I don't know how to do it, but it would be cool just to save the ad on this site so it will be visible after the ad is taken down.

FEP Senior Member

Nice car....what is going on with the headlights? Are they 85 headlights or are they aftermarket “GTO” style headlight covers? I called and spoke with one of the sellers in the ad, but found it difficult to establish a productive conversation, especially when I asked about the headlights.

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by noac View Post
    Nice car....what is going on with the headlights? Are they 85 headlights or are they aftermarket “GTO” style headlight covers? I called and spoke with one of the sellers in the ad, but found it difficult to establish a productive conversation, especially when I asked about the headlights.
    Covers over the stock sealed beams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is that?

This SVO has lots of surface rust, not climate controlled storage, not as clean as one would expect given the mileage.

Has a couple of door dings. Nice color

FEP Senior Member

I think the headlights covers were sold through Ford Motorsport. There were a better fit that the flat GTS covers. I had a NOS set years ago. They were manufactured to fit in the headlight "pockets" to look like the 85.5/86 style headlights.

The SVO had to be owned by a dealer and was driven on dealer plates. Better pics would be a plus to see what the true condition is of the car.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

FEP Member

Yes, MIKE'SVO86. More pics in daylight and of the interior. At this price I'd want near-professional quality photography and a detailed chain-of-possession report, not just ownership history, given the claimed mileage and lack of title.

FEP Member

Open the picture you want, hit the Prt Scr button on your keyboard, open Paint, right click in the blank Paint window, Paste. You can edit it in Paint.Then click File and save.