Close

Default 1981 Mustang Coupe - $1,350 (Selah, WA)

1981 Ford Mustang Coupe

VIN: 1FABP10A65F127358
    condition: good
    cylinders: 4 cylinders
    delivery available
    drive: rwd
    fuel: gas
    odometer: 90000
    paint color: yellow
    size: compact
    title status: clean
    transmission: manual
    type: coupe

For Sale>>>>>I have a 1981 Ford Mustang Coupe. It is yellow with a black vinyl top. It has the original 4 cylinder, 5 speed running gear. The body is in great condition, no rust, paint is good, shines up real good. The engine and trans, clutch, brakes are healthy, the black vinyl top has some shrinkage issues but not torn up at all. The interior is carmel in color and is in real good condition, with new dash pad, carpet, and seat covers. It runs and drives but has carburator issues. Will post pics when the weather clears! I'm asking $1350 OBO. If you are interested, conact me and I will give what info needed!
    1981 Ford Mustang Coupe - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Mike

Man, you West Coast peeps have it so much better than us rust-belters! That sounds like a steal, for a rust-free running coupe.
    Last edited by Broncojunkie; 02-13-2021 at 09:11 PM.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeologist View Post
    Update on my quest to locate the 1981 Mustang Ghia with the carriage roof that my dad purchased new in 1980. With the help of the CarFax report, I have been able to trace the car's last registration to an owner in Ursa, Illinois (population less than 1000, located in west central Illinois less than 100 miles from where I grew up). Unfortunately, the trail goes cold there as I have no ownership information. I emailed the nine persons whose email addresses were listed on the village of Ursa web site in an effort to see if anyone recognized the car, and received only one response which didn't provide any information. I knew it was a long shot going in, but I have run out of ideas to try to locate the car at this point.

Given that it seems unlikely I will be able to locate this car, I am now turning to either locating and purchasing a carriage roof Mustang (which I'm sure will be about as hard to find as the car I have been trying to locate); or purchasing a nice 80 - 82 coupe and adding a carriage roof. I had identified two carriage roof Mustangs in salvage yards for the parts I would need to add the carriage roof, but after contacting both yards both of the cars had been sent to crush so those leads didn't pan out.

So, if anyone knows of any leads for any of the following, I would be very appreciative:
    • 80 - 82 Mustang with carriage roof for sale (or that the owner may be willing to sell)
    • 80 - 82 Mustang coupe in nice condition for sale (or that the owner may be willing to sell)
    • Parts needed to add carriage roof to an 80 - 82 Mustang coupe (fiberglass under structure, bright A-pillar moldings, interior quarter window trim pieces, rear window trim piece, others?)

Thanks.
    Hey Scott, This ad has no images but mentions a black vinyl roof. May be an opportunity for you here.

He's posted pictures.

Mike

Attachment 135052

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Hey Scott, This ad has no images but mentions a black vinyl roof. May be an opportunity for you here.
    Thanks for the referral; this one was a bit more rough than what I would like to take on. However, there is another carriage roof Mustang near me here in NC that I am trying to locate. In this thread:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-swap-project!

Travis T posted this picture of a carriage roof Mustang that he indicated was near his location in China Grove, NC, which is not far from where I am located near Charlotte, NC (post is from Oct 2015):

Name:  Carriage Roof China Grove NC Oct15.png
Views: 34
Size:  473.7 KB

From the license plate I have been able to determine that the car has a current NC registration. Unfortunately I understand that Travis T passed away 4+ years ago.

If anyone knows anything about this Mustang, or has any other ideas as to how I can locate the current owner of this car, I would be appreciative.
    Last edited by Cokeologist; 03-11-2021 at 10:04 AM.