Close

Default Glad to be aboard!

I'm a newbie to this group, happy to join. I've got 2 pride & joys.. one is my 1960 Comet 2 door, 200ci, C4 trans.. a blast to cruise around in. My other is a 1986 Mustang GT Vert, 76k. I am technically the second owner, previous owner died and his brother inherited the car which he sold to me. The car is in great shape and was relatively well cared for except for faded seats due to sun baking. That being said, Its still 35 years old and has some minor issues that I'm working on....AND hope to post some good questions.. I've got a couple now but I'll post those in the proper places.
    Cheers!

Welcome to the site!
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Welcome to FEP. Feel free to post some pics of your rides.

JT
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Welcome to FEP, post some pics when you can...

Welcome. Lots of knowledgeable folks here if you ever run into issues with your vert. Post some pics!
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

Glad ya joined up!
    Pics must include the foureyed Comet. Interesting history and articles on those cars.
    4 bolt rims went that far back? Unit bodies becoming common. AM radio. No fm radios existed.
    Lightweight, decent mpg, plenty of power for everyday use, slanted tail fin lights, vent windows.
    Glass- Plenty of visibility out the flat square side glass greenhouse. Safer than new cars in this way?
    A stark contrast of new cars closed in by small odd shaped dark glass. Sit and hide. More privacy.

From outside can and do see well inside almost too well.
    Funny how seeing clearly inside, say on on the freeway, makes one think how vulnerable that is in some way.
    Other hand, is totally different riding in those cars. Same views outside as was back then. Gawkers are no big deal.

Instant welcome at a car show or cruise. A standout whether driven or parked up a drive or in a lot.
    The fox cars have gotten that way, except ever matching being such a standout as the 60 everyday.
    When either is among other stock classics or show, they stand out in a different way or if even at all.
    Last edited by gr79; 02-17-2021 at 07:51 PM.