I recently picked up a msd 7 programmable plus for the build and went a head and got it installed (pre mature I know) but figured might as if I have it. I found a ton of great info on here as far as wiring help because I was unsure whether to use the white wire or use the mag pick up/trigger plug from the msd to the distributor. I matched the info I found on here, to what colors I should be seeing coming from my distributor going to (now) msd. Everything I read made sense but the colors coming off my distributor were slightly different.

I got it all wired and it fired up yesterday but idled rough. I still need to wipe the previous data from the msd as it came off a 4 second car (so the data stored is WILDLY different than necessary) but my main question is, if I got the 2 wires providing the signal from the dist. Incorrectly or flipped, would it cause this issue or would it just simply not run at all? I'm going to correct the data this evening when I get home and ill get it loaded to the msd to confirm but just wanted yalls opinion on that part of it.

Thanks!