Close

Default I'm back after a long hiatus

Greetings, I've been gone from here for about 5-10 years. It appears that the stars have aligned, and fate has brought me back.....

About 5 years ago following a horrible divorce I moved from NC to VA, and unfortunately I didn't have a garage in VA to keep my car in, so I parked it in the safest place I could find. In the middle of my 1 acre back yard only to have a hurricane come through, uproot a tree and take out my 83 Turbo GT. Frustrated, disgusted, heartbroken, and plain fed up with life I decided to give the car to someone who guaranteed that he would fix it. He wouldn't steal it's identity or bastardize it by doing an aero swap, and if he couldn't do it he would offer it back or find someone who would fix it. Fast forward until about 2 hours ago, I got a message on FB and it appears that the person fixing it is the fool who let it go 5 years ago.... ME!!! Still needing the roof repaired, new hatch/spoiler, and apparently some additional work as well (don't remember any rust in the lower quarters). Long story short she's coming home next weekend and I'm in the market for some repair parts (listed below) and I'll start a new thread for those as well.

3 piece spoiler
    Black windshield trim
    right lower rear quarter

Original Post http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-GT-Turbo-FREE
    Last edited by 93-331-29PSI; 01-25-2021 at 07:53 PM.
    83 GT Turbo

Glad to see the GT Turbo back in good hands. Parts are out there and plenty of members on here with knowledge if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by svo84 View Post
    Glad to see the GT Turbo back in good hands. Parts are out there and plenty of members on here with knowledge if needed.
    Agreed, best place on earth to get info and help for these cars. Been a while and I’m sure there’s some rust on my knowledge so I’ll be digging and asking for help often
    83 GT Turbo

Blog Entries

Who doesn't like a good reunion story? Welcome back, and congratulations on the upcoming welcome home for your Turbo GT.

Nice! I can relate to a lot of that. Divorced in 2016 and it wasn't pretty. Had to sell pretty much everything and it took 4 years to dig out of the debt my ex left me with. Finally looking for a house again and I did pick up another fox to build about 6 months ago. It's going to be a long road to get it done but I'm not in a real hurry.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Quote Originally Posted by 85GT-79FJ40 View Post
    Nice! I can relate to a lot of that. Divorced in 2016 and it wasn't pretty. Had to sell pretty much everything and it took 4 years to dig out of the debt my ex left me with. Finally looking for a house again and I did pick up another fox to build about 6 months ago. It's going to be a long road to get it done but I'm not in a real hurry.
    I feel your pain. Divorce is a crappy thing, but it's been 5 years for me and I couldn't be happier now that everything is back on track. Good luck with your build
    83 GT Turbo

Great news that your car is coming home and I'm sure you will have her back to her glory again. It's a great story knowing the car is back to it's rightful home. Best of luck with everything.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

Hey its great to see a old timer come back, I was gone for a while too but finding another capri to build and seeing some old post friends
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Welcome back!

JT
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Well after 8 hours on the road she is back in the stable!!! This week’s main ttask is to get it to the body shop for sheet metal repair. Once that starts rolling I will start a new build thread. Hoping to have all the body work done before spring. From there the entire suspension and braking systems will be replaced/upgraded, wiring replaced, tank drained, and next winter back to the shop for paint.
    83 GT Turbo