Close

Thread: New rides...

Default New rides...

Hi all, I picked up two 1979 mustangs a couple weeks ago, one is a coupe that was a factory 5.0 4 speed car, I purchased it from the original owner, she said she bought it new in 1979 in ohio, or well was her husband's car, I have a clean texas title for it. But the looks of the title it has swapped hands within her son's as all the owners have the same last name.

The second car is a 1979 mustang hatch back with a 2.8 and an automatic, hasnt been driven on the ride legally since 1996, I also have a title for this car that was issued back in 1987 and showed to have 86,xxx miles on it then the odometer shows 05,xxx now... I had it running yesterday after a new fuel pump and disconnecting the fuel tank, the sending unit is trash and so is the fuel tank but the engine ran great, transmission went into reverse and drive but didnt move under it's own power due to still being on the trailer.

The coupe will be up forsale as a parts car or a drag project for someone as it's basically just a shell.

The hatchback is a project for me and my 12 year old son... what I find insane is that my 1979 mustang pace car was bought for me by my dad when I was 12... crazy how things happen sometimes. The driver side floor needs replaced as its rusted pretty bad which I would assume was because of how/where it sat for 25 years. The oil pressure and coolant temp gauge doesnt work which I would assume is a wiring issue I also dont have power to the coil with key in run position so I hot wired the coil to make it run. The little 2.8 is snappy on a free rev so it should be fine to drive around in stock form. The car also has dealer installed ac and all of it appears to still be intact so I will try and get that going. The car has some weird options if you will call it that, it has the ghia type steering with with no cruise but has tilt, it doesnt have the ghia door pockets on the doors, also no console. I'm not sure what it is exactly. It also has 14 inch wheels and some weird wire hubcaps. I need to do some digging to find out.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/shaunc...3-6bb774f98557Name:  20210109_190633_resize_32(1).jpg
Views: 103
Size:  242.0 KB
    Last edited by Shauncb; 02-01-2021 at 11:01 PM.
    1979 Ford Mustang Pace Car
    4.6 2V conversion underway!!

Show some pics of the cars......

It's not letting me upload the images, it might be due to my post count being low.

Ok I got it by adding to photobucket

Pics aren't working for me. It just brings up a page telling me that my photobucket account has expired and I need to renew it. (Funny, since I literally just paid them 2 weeks ago). Anyway, it's just trying to take me to my own account. It may just be an issue on my end. Photobucket is garbage, though.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Easy to add if you use Tapatalk on your phone...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Not the best picture but you get the idea.

I see them now. Good score!
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Photobucket says:
    The owner of this album has set this album to private.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags