Close

Default Fuel pump 2.3l NA 4cyl

Does anybody know which of this fuel pumps fits my 1980 Mustang 4cyl 2.3 Non-turbo?

1. https://www.ebay.com/itm/27465120502...torefresh=true
    2. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Pump-1...8466840?_ul=CO
    3. https://www.ebay.com/itm/293376121731?ul_noapp=true

If none of these fits, where can i find one?

PS: My fuel pump is leaking so a want to change it

Thanks.

First have you verified what your current pump looks like? Do you have a two port or a three port fuel pump. That will help you determine what is the correct pump for your Mustang.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

It depends on if you have air conditioning or not. The tank and fuel pump plumbing differ between the carb 2.3 liter when factory air con is added. Due to heat soak problems, the factory air 2.3 carb has a return line.

The counter person should be able to track down the right fuel pump for your VIN and buck tag.

Hot fuel handling problems were fixed by Ford having a second option fuel pump, actually a feedback carb California option on non turbo carb Ford 2.3s.

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    The counter person should be able to track down the right fuel pump for your VIN and buck tag.
    I assume you mean a Ford parts counter person . . . No regular parts store here in the US has parts counter person that has any idea how to use the VIN much less a buck tag to find a part. OK maybe a good ole NAPA store or an ole time Car Quest or private store maybe! Unfortunately Autozone, Orielly's, Advanced Auto, Pep Boys, etc have dumbed down the average parts counter person to a monkey punching a keyboard! If it's not in the computer their attitude is it doesn't exist nor need to. Most have never seen an actual parts catalog nor have any idea how to use one.

There are exceptions to the rule, but unfortunately in general most parts counter people are very good at finding anything, but latest fuel additive, or air freshener that is currently on sale. Give them a 40 year old car with an unusual combination and you are looking at an EPIC Fail in most cases. YES! All of this from a former parts counter Monkey for Auto Shack/Autozone, Oreilly's, and Ford!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller