I usually post about working on my cars, but I've been busy with this project for the last few months. I figured I would post a few pics, since it was built specifically for my foxes.

Name:  received_681151465935829_copy_1000x750.jpeg
Views: 279
Size:  241.4 KB
This is the most recent outside pic I have. I've since done a little trim work, but otherwise, that's how it sits. The garage is 24' deep and 36' wide. Walls, including block, are about 9' 4" high and ceiling is around 14' at the highest point.

I really tried to find a small piece of property to build on. I wanted to do a basic metal building or pole-barn style. I just couldn't seem to find anything close to the house that was reasonably priced. I was also worried about theft and vandalism, especially since I work out of town for several weeks at a time (which is also why the build took a little longer). I finally caved and just built it in the front yard. Since it is right out front, I decided to build it to match the house. My backyard is all hillside and building there was out of the question.

Here's a fairly current pic of inside.
Name:  20210113_212252_copy_1000x750.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  198.2 KB
I have several more pics and will try to upload a few during the build. My buddy/neighbor brought his excavator over and he did the prep work. I hand shoveled for several days, as well. I had a contractor frame it and do the windows, roof, garage doors, concrete, and siding. I did the electrical, insulation, drywall, and paint, and some trim work (I still have plenty of trim work to do).