Close



Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    FEP Member svo84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    162

    Default 1980 Fairmont or Zephyr 2 door Turbo

    Hi All,
    I am looking for a factory Fairmont or Zephyr 2dr Boxtop 2.3 turbo. Would like a nice driver. Does not have to be show car. Please let me know. I am located in York ,PA.
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    FEP Member svo84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Ok I won’t be picky. A 80-83 boxtop 2 door. Would like a clean car please and motor type doesn’t matter. Thank you

  3. #3

    Default

    i dunno if its still on FB but there was an auto 2.3 turbo car in georgia i saw a while back

  4. #4
    FEP Member svo84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Thank you. I will check it out.

  5. #5

    Default

    Saw this the other day. Pretty far from you but it's looks to be in decent shape.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4-e9e73a4491bc
    Cars:
    1991 Mustang LX Notch 4.6 Tremec 5 speed
    1995 Ranger XLT 4.0 4x4
    1985 Ford LTD SSP: 5.0HO, AOD(Sold)
    1971 Mercury Comet GT: 302 4bbl, T-5(Sold)
    Bikes:
    1967 Triumph T100c
    1976 Kawasaki KZ400(Sold)
    1964 BSA Hornet
    1972 Rickman

  6. #6

    Default

    What's the problem with '78s and '79s? More likely to find a 302 in those years, anyway.
    Brad

    '79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meeandmine View Post
    Saw this the other day. Pretty far from you but it's looks to be in decent shape.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4-e9e73a4491bc
    That is nice!


    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    What's the problem with '78s and '79s? More likely to find a 302 in those years, anyway.
    He's not looking for a 302 car. The 2.3T cars were a limited run.
    83 TC "Clone"

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post
    He's not looking for a 302 car. The 2.3T cars were a limited run.
    To quote the OP, "motor type doesn’t matter". With a 302, you're at least a bit ahead of the curve vs. a 255, I-6, or naturally aspirated 2.3.
    Brad

    '79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    To quote the OP, "motor type doesn’t matter". With a 302, you're at least a bit ahead of the curve vs. a 255, I-6, or naturally aspirated 2.3.
    I missed his update.

    Personally, I never care about drivetrain stuff. It can all be replaced.
    83 TC "Clone"

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post
    I missed his update.

    Personally, I never care about drivetrain stuff. It can all be replaced.
    Agreed. I was just saying elsewhere there wasn't a single car built between '73 and '81 or so that I would leave the drivetrain alone.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Brad

    '79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

  11. #11
    FEP Member svo84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Thank you for the FB link. I like the Boxtop cars. 1979 they produced the 5.0 with a four spd. and 1980 they did the Turbo model. Kind of unique. But being so many years later I know my picking is slim. My 1980 notch in a original turbo car but upgraded to a 88 Turbo coupe motor and tranny. So yeah anything between 74-82 has no H.P. appeal. I like all 78-83 Fairmont's and Zephyr’s. Thank you all.
    Last edited by svo84; 07-30-2021 at 01:22 PM.

  12. #12
    FEP Member svo84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Still looking

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •