Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default 2021 What did you do to your fox today?

Delicate sanding on the GT bumper cover, extensions and spoiler.
    Boy, That urethane is soft. The paint is much harder.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

The blue metallic Almost gone of the bumper. More parts waiting.

Fixed the plumbing and bought my sweathart a new gauwn.

Had a stainless, double muffler (Flowmaster) single exhaust made.
    Nice sound. Not louder then the rusted through original exhaust made
    Though a bit sportier.

The cover was tempting the gods. Had to put it on while it started snowing.

Engine bay complete!
    Attachment 134879
    Attachment 134880
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Flunk the MOT test.
    Steer shaft top side joint has very much play.
    Lot's of stories on the ragjoint on the web. But that is in great shape...

Seems the best option is the Maximum Motorsports steershaft.

Can 't find a standard part. Does Anyone know whether that is available anywhere?

Default Jan 20th already

Forgot to cover at least part of the vehicles. Tues was a long rain & snow tug-of-war weather event. No garage.
    Wish the wipers on the Mustang pivoted away like newer ones do. Snow and scraping is much easier done.
    Blades did not freeze though. Brushed off snow, scraped some iced glass areas.
    Interestingly, both vehicle's mirrors were clean.
    The Mustang's hood pins and ds lock needed coaxing with a couple rounds of lighter heat.
    Mini stick or torch style lighters work much better outside than a regular butane flame lighter.
    The ds outside handle and door lock button stick. PS fine.
    At least the doors open and closed fine. The car is black/black and never seems to ice up real badly.
    Not so with the Ranger. No rain gutters= door seals freeze.
    Can't pull hard- plastic outside door handles.
    The annual winter extra prep ritual on car doors is overdue.
    Time for a film of silicone paste on all rubber and relube all locks.

FEP Member

Rain-x makes the scraping a little easier.

Sun came out today. 40, ice on vehicles is gone truck's doors unfroze.
    Break Away sprayed into door lock cylinders did the job. Sprayed ds door handle pivot springs too.
    Smeared film of silicone grease on door rubber, especially where rust streaks indicate door contact.

Have used Rain X when it first came out. Cleaned and applied per instructions.
    Did test it in rain without wipers on the freeway. Figured it as an additional safety factor to enhance wipers.
    Worked as advertised for a while, but what is the point of not using wipers?
    Good idea and tried to make it work but gave up. Glass always had streaks no matter what.
    Not worth the effort and costs too much for what you get. Never finished the bottle.
    Over a short time, even new wiper blades streaked real bad. Worse than before Rain X treatment.
    Wiper track areas wore off while edge areas still retained part of the film.
    Quit using it. Maybe good for glass shower doors but that is it.
    Or on a car with newer glass but not practical for daily driving unless in a rain forest or something.
    Could be of value to assist wipers when caught in a real hard monsoon rain event until able to pull off road.
    Should not be driving in those conditions anyway. Other cars may not be able to see you blasting thru.

Sure. May repel ice up to a point, but not gonna retreat glass outside in winter.
    Bottle of spray deicer or iso is more practical.
    Faster to cover glass in winter with nylon cover or tarp.
    Rain X orange washer fluid color stained the washer tank for a long time and freezes up.
    Premium purple conventional solvent works best in winter. Summer blue refreezes on glass.
    Have modded washer hose by extending and wrapping around heater hoses for warm fluid year round.

Holley Terminator X, MSD Dual Sync Distributor, complete wire tuck, battery relocation kit, Viking coilover front kit, Ford Racing 3.73 gear. Should take the entire winter. Name:  469BA785-A6A6-4CA0-850F-CCF7621B82F9_1_105_c.jpeg
Views: 958
Size:  165.4 KB

Psst, don 't tell the wife.

Dreamt about owning a 4 eye Notchback again....

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

As I walked through the garage I made sure the battery tender was still showing a green light. That's about as much as I'll be doing with my car for a couple more months.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Quote Originally Posted by juan.c.cardenas0 View Post
    Holley Terminator X, MSD Dual Sync Distributor, complete wire tuck, battery relocation kit, Viking coilover front kit, Ford Racing 3.73 gear. Should take the entire winter. Name:  469BA785-A6A6-4CA0-850F-CCF7621B82F9_1_105_c.jpeg
Views: 958
Size:  165.4 KB
    Nice! What part number distributor are you using? I'm probably going to run the terminator X setup on mine.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    Dreamt about owning a 4 eye Notchback again....

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    Gotta have a dream before a dream can come true.

Watching a tire going flat. Have not driven since last October, carb needs rebuild. Too cold, heater core leaked again.....Oy.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Installed bmr rear upper torque box braces.... very nice product
    Ties both upper boxes together and braces them off the frame rail behind the shock. Also did adjustable upper arms with hyme joints which is why my floor has a crack because of the poly bushings i would assume.

Installed maximum motorsports hydroboost adapter plate and brake pedal and installed new powersteering line from sn95 rack to hydroboost.

I have the maximum motorsport conversion shaft to run a sn95 rack in a fox, having no more rag joints is very nice.
    1979 Ford Mustang Pace Car
    4.6 2V conversion underway!!

In the past week I have been working on my engine. I'm using a roller motor I pulled from a 95-96 Bronco. Supposedly it was a fresh reman with under 5k miles. Pulled it apart and it was really clean but it had E6SE head castings which I think are crown vic? I thought the truck and mustang e6's were E6TE. So I picked up a set of GT40P's from a friend (and member here) and dropped them off at the machine shop last week with a Trickflow spring kit. They should be done this week. The block was bored 30 over and the bores were slightly scruffy from sitting. So I stripped it all the way down, cleaned it up, yanked the cam, and gave it a run through with a ball hone. Cleaned up the pistons and put new rings on them and re-assembled it all with new bearings. It'll get a Trickflow stage one cam as soon as they have more in stock.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Pushed mine as far forward as it would go in the garage to get the snow blower out. You've got to love New England winters.

Pulled out a non working radio, ended up being a blown inline fuse. Took out the dash to lubricate a squeaky speedometer cable. Too much snow to see if it worked. Next is replacing a leaking fuel pump.

No weather to drive. Actually everyone must stay at home. Schools were supposed to open tomorrow since weeks due Covid. Now can 't due the snow.
    Musty got the MM steershaft implanted. New two year MOT period approval.
    Still sanding the bumper cover that once will replace the current.

The annual snow events and deep cold have arrived here.
    Covered car cowl and windshield with 3 x 5 blue poly tarp. Used to do that at work too.
    Keeps winter weather off glass, wipers, fluid jet, and out of cowl when parked outside.
    This season, found magnets more convenient and more fun to use holding tarp in place than bungee cords.
    Picked up some 1.75" ring magnets, 2# hold. Three hold tarp across roof, two more on fenders at base of windshield.
    They feel stronger than 2#. Did not move when recent strong winds tried to flap the tarp.
    Secured the front corners of tarp with two neodymium magnet hooks on top of fenders. Impressive hold.
    At 28# pull, could prob add thin foam sticky pads on the magnet bases to prevent paint scratches.
    Now only takes a couple minutes to tarp. Consistent placement.
    Bungees are usually mix and match and easy to forget combos and angles that worked.
    No kneeling in the snow to find a place under car to hook bungees or hooking thru wheel rim holes.
    Theory is securing a blowing tarp with magnets will be more manageable than with bungees.
    Time for two new 8 x 10 tarps, pref with plastic grommets, and more magnets.
    Could use 3 mil clear plastic sheeting. No grommet holes needed for bungee hooks.

Deep winter cold causes havoc like scorching summer heat.
    So far both the car and truck batteries been working fine with no battery charger or jump box action needed.
    Other day, low fuel led came on 5 times with 1/2 tank. Repeated wire wiggle drill 5 times to finally turn it off.
    Turbo loves the cold air. Feels like 5-10 more hp.

Driver side backup light lens fell off while brushing snow off the taillights. Dang cold weather.
    Used 3M outdoor duct tape to temp seal opening until weather warms up for reglue.
    Not taking a chance using glue in cold weather and losing lens somewhere.
    Keeping lens inside house to remove old glue.
    Housing reflector is silver. Going to repaint that too.
    Thinking of adding a wire retainer to lens in case it comes loose by itself someday.

Quote Originally Posted by gr79 View Post
    Driver side backup light lens fell off while brushing snow off the taillights. Dang cold weather.
    Used 3M outdoor duct tape to temp seal opening until weather warms up for reglue.
    Not taking a chance using glue in cold weather and losing lens somewhere.
    Keeping lens inside house to remove old glue.
    Housing reflector is silver. Going to repaint that too.
    Thinking of adding a wire retainer to lens in case it comes loose by itself someday.
    That sucks man, hope you get it sorted.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Sask84gt View Post
    Wow.
    Just wow.
    One of the nicest engine bays I have seen. Good for you, nice work!
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Gutted the interior minus dash in preparation of roof repair. No pics unfortunately.
    83 GT Turbo

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast