Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I pulled off a few of the badges/stickers and pulled the Motorsport mud flaps off a newly acquired 85 GT. https://share.icloud.com/photos/0K9X...aLNGNLzj7kaxIQ

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    That sucks man, hope you get it sorted.
    Thanks M. Got it covered. Fortunate it happened here actually rather than on the road.
    Reglue it back on as before, same glue, this time detailed surface prep to square up glue seam.
    It is the second taillight housing assy. First one got ruined in a collision 1987.
    1990's, BU lens got cracked from stone thrown from lawnmower.
    Eventually found housing #3 and harvested that lens. Kept the intact but cracked one of course.
    Ford dealer body shop i bought the car from said they would use 3M Emblem & Trim adhesive.
    BU lens is removable if seam is cut with an x-acto. No butyl was used.

After shoveling on and off for a week I finally got the 86 out of the trailer and into the man cave. Have half the headlights installed with LEDs and then I clay barred it and then finished with a coat of Mcquires Ultimate synthetic wax. The car just pops. At 19800 miles it still has the original paint and interior ( which I've always kept covered) and I think this is the best it's ever looked. Even in florescent lighting, which really shows imperfections.

Pleasurable afternoon ride cross town to east side suburbs. Long drives working great for overall evaluation, ongoing since day one.
    On the way, the usual accident cleanup, mile tieup, first exit was just before accident and a mile away.
    Was near my exit anyway, no reason to re-enter xway for a mile.
    Sightsee, Pick up a gal of Kgr milk. Is almost double the price back near home, same brand. Gas money.

Washed car in the same old neighborhood 25¢ car wash..been using since the 60's. First real car wash of the year.
    Still 25¢.. now for only 35 seconds. Used to be 3-5 minutes. Gobs of purple blue foam.
    Used same rinse pattern to maximize time as always. Spent .75. Rarely ever spent more there. Dried out on freeway.
    Ten mile section of freeway allowed a good ride test again. All new non-perfect concrete last year.

Later near home, got a togo drive up Lenten fried fish dinner.
    Last week gave them first name as requested. Bit of difficulty finding me parked.
    This time, 'name' was Black Mustang. Turbo. Car was found immediately.

Been playing with the manual choke settings, cable adjustment. Engine never liked full choke, so cable is adjusted to stop at 1/2 choke.
    Carb seems to work best when choke plate lower edge is angled at the center of the boosters. The feel of the drive confirmed it again.
    Is the overall smoothest engine run spot. Accell from stop, cruising, trolling side streets, rock steady idle rpm and vac, plus best mpg and power.
    Got how to set that figured out down to a pretty accurate and consistent guess. Open choke all the way, then pull choke cable toward closed a bit.

Passed smog!!!!!! yippee!
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Default Are our brake lights fading out in a sunny day LED world?

Sunny 70 Easter Sunday 3pm, almost enroute to dinner, experienced something new.
    Headed east. Sun behind car. Five lane suburban mile road. Medium light traffic.

At a red light, Heard a "Hey, HEY.. looked around..who was yelling?
    -Driver next to me rolled down his window. Older guy, minivan.

"Did you know your brake lights are out?"

Still waiting at light, brakes on, had time to look down at the graphic display warning for a red LED. None.
    Pumped the brakes to test. Nothing. Yelled back "brake lights look fine" Will check further, thanks.

Pulled into first empty parking lot to find a (closed) building storefront with a glass entrance to reflect the rear tailights.
    The dark mirror tool. Fast way to check lights without help. Done this many times. No getting out of car.
    Brakes were working fine.

Are older drivers and old eyes not able to see our oe incandescent brake lights when the sun hits them?
    Or not used to dealing with a now uncommon car without a 3rd brake light or LED brake lights?
    They are the ones that need a self driving or collision sensor equipped vehicle, enhanced vision checks.

Mile later stopped at light few cars back, UTE in left turn lane next to me decides to make a U near the red light.
    Acted confused. Cannot do a clean U in two lanes. And at a light? Hesitates and turns toward gas station driveway.
    Sure enough, starts his move and a car completing his left turn and not expecting the dumb move almost hits him.
    Long horn honk.

We are more focused than most when driving our older cars among others much newer.
    A collision or major issue could mean the end of the road for them.
    Newer suggest a laid back driving style, long maintenance interval, less driving skill required.
    Dash distractions, blind spots from deep tinted downsized multishaped windows, intrusive A pillar area and windshield angle.
    Newer family cars are sensitive, quick, appear to get the average driver into serious trouble faster.
    Last edited by gr79; 04-05-2021 at 05:21 PM.

I got my Zephyr out of storage on Friday. I threw the battery back in it, that’s all I have done so far lmao
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Replaced the inner and outer belt weather strip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Marchal View Post
    Replaced the inner and outer belt weather strip

Good job. In the middle of doing this myself. Did you pull the glass to do it?
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

Default got a thumbs up again while driving an unwashed Mustang

Warm spring weather has returned almost 80 pretty warm for April around here.
    7 hour day cruise and shop about town. Easy enjoyable 116 miles, used 3/8 tank.

Recently the car (not me) has been getting thumbs ups every time out. More than in the past.
    I mean way out the window like hitchhikers did. Recent warm not hot windows down type weather.
    Car is nothing super standout special (by plan). Most don't give it a second look or even a first.
    Hood has slightly tarnished hood pins and a well worn oe Cobra graphic, hood scoop with TURBO decals.
    Car is automotive spray paint black, usually dirty. Turbine rims that really give no clue to 'guess the year'.
    Stock sounding turbo style muffler-ed 2.3. Is pretty quiet inside can hear the engine revs most of the time.
    The bright looking newer fuel tank and black straps give the rear of car a restoration look to a 350k car.

People, kids to adults (not the old ones) walking, driving, somehow see the car is coming up past them.
    Drivers make an effort their thumbs-up's are seen, be it passing past on other side of road or in a nearby lane.
    Got one today on the x-way headed home. Driver of bucket truck, 4 cars up in the slow lane hanging 65.
    Was evening. Flashed the lights to say thanks in his mirror and a quick toot of the horn when i passed him.

It's pretty cool to know our cars are still welcome in the regular car world.
    Dodge hemi car drivers and ricers give a nod by gunning their engines when passing on the x-way or boulevard.

They allow people to take a time out and be curious, take a closer look, smile, reminisce.
    Maybe ask questions, tell their story, or ask for a deeper look, like under the hood, if parked.
    Comments and questions are the same, but never exactly the same.
    Quick look inside is a liberty taken. They never ask. Sometimes they still don't know what kind of car it is.
    Even with a lot of appearance flaws, intentional or not, the common final line is 'that's a nice car'.
    Learned 'Oops.. gotta go..'. There has been times, and the keys are always with me, for one, when pumping gas into it.
    Last edited by gr79; 04-07-2021 at 12:15 AM.

First start since November. Nothing spectacular as it went something like this:

Connected battery
    Started car and backed out into the driveway
    Cleaned garage
    Started car and pulled into garage
    Disconnected battery

I still need to chase down a 4a draw before I take it out on a good shakedown run.
    79 Mustang Coupe - Jade Green Metallic - 5.0 5Sp - Purchased 2006
    17 Mustang Convertible - Triple Yellow Tri-Coat - 3.7l Auto - Purchased 2020
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    01 Mustang - 3.8 Auto True Blue - Oct 2001- Apr 2022 RIP
    85 ASC - McLaren 5.0 SC - ASC White - 5.0 CFI Auto - Owned 2004 - 2016
    98 Mustang - White - 3.8 5pd - Owned 1998 - 2001
    84 Mustang SSP - White - 5.0 5sp - Owned 1993 - 1998
    84 SVO - Charcoal - 2.3t 5Sp - Owned 1989 -1992
    79 Mustang Ghia - 5.0 Auto - Owned 1981 - 1986
    68 Mustang Coupe - 302 Auto, Yellow - Owned 1980 - 1981

My 85 has been down since last October. Got a flat tire and needs the carb rebuilt......AGAIN. Got to her going as Missouri sent me my plate renewal.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Went to NMRA Atlanta and had a blast.

IMG_5034 by Curtin Family, on Flickr
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by graphicdesigner80 View Post
    Good job. In the middle of doing this myself. Did you pull the glass to do it?
    Thanks, well I didn’t have to. I guess the previous owner had been in there and knocked out the rivet and studs were gone up front. It’s being held on by the rear screw, but seems tight, so I’m going to leave it at that for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchal View Post
    Thanks, well I didn’t have to. I guess the previous owner had been in there and knocked out the rivet and studs were gone up front. It’s being held on by the rear screw, but seems tight, so I’m going to leave it at that for now.

That sure makes life easier! Don’t blame ya for leaving it that way. The alternative is a lot more headache-inducing.
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

Been driving it daily this week. I cut out part of the intake divider to hopefully even out the mixture cylinder to cylinder.
    Still have not seen another Granada around town! I like being a bit different!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Just finished building my new deck so it's propane fire pit and a glass of wine time!

83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

Removed the seats, carpet, and center console from my pace car in preparation for welding in full-length subframe connectors and new carpet. I started working on the subframe connectors. Hoping to finish those up tomorrow, then start putting the interior back together. I'm also planning on permanently installing an wideband a/f gauge, and swapping my single plane intake and 650 carb for a dual plane and 750.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Default Ford Mustang turned 57.

Checked the oil yesterday April 17 2021. Manual choke sticky op. R&R Monday. Sunday day of rest.
    Could not post in time- good old ATT home internet was down. Area's main line prob got wet they said.

Placed louvers on car to see how they will look. Need to figure out how to attach bottom slat and how to attach to car.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yesterday I was able to finally find a short 30 amp short fuse for my horn/cigar lighter. I had a hard time finding a 30 amp fuse that would fit.
    Re-bled the brakes, pedal is much better now.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Finally found time to try out the new carb and intake. I went from a single plane 650 carb to dual plane rpm air gap and 750. I did a little tuning on it, using the afr gauge. I was just trying to get it in the right range. It's fairly close now but I ran out of daylight. The neighbors probably appreciated me calling it a night.

I'm still perplexed as to why this engine seems to want so much timing. I have total timing at around 40 btdc and it wants more. I'll increase it once I get the air/fuel ratio correct. Idle and part throttle are fine. I'll need to really get into the secondaries and see what the numbers look like.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Finally bought a set of new wheels for my 86 Road Racer. 18x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rear. Now I have to order the tires!

Name:  Front Wheel.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  1.86 MB

Name:  Rear Wheel.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  1.85 MB
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Nice wheels!

Sweet!!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast