Close

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Starting pass side wire tuck, have to extend 10 gauge main power wire. Have to wrap and zip tie everything up and then test and make sure everything works
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by richpet View Post
    Sorry, duplicate
    Twins? Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Starting pass side wire tuck, have to extend 10 gauge main power wire. Have to wrap and zip tie everything up and then test and make sure everything works
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    I’ll try and get some up lol
    Been busy wiring up my COP conversion. Waiting on some parts to get the engine/trans back in the car
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Took it out to my friends shop and he let me use a hoist and rebalance the tires/wheels.

Nothing for almost 2 months....waiting for my shop to get the rest of my parts but at last the SCAT crank came in last week and they can start my 347 build......But im keeping the blower off just going all motor for now (blower for sale)
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Installed a new stereo. I was hoping to find something a little more inconspicuous, something out of an '80s to early '90s Ford, but this unit, which I had installed just last summer in my old Miata, found its way back to me after an unfortunate incident. This comes on the heels of me figuring out what was wrong with the front speakers (previous owner connected the negative sides together for some reason.) Sounds great, but I feel like the rear speakers aren't pulling their weight...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Painted engine bay

Name:  242EF301-FE0B-4ECE-A4FB-9918986287ED.jpeg
Views: 293
Size:  72.9 KB
    1986 SVO 1E (IRS'd and too much $$ spent making it turn, stop, and go)
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...esto-Mod-Build

1979 Pace Car #2179 (Gathering parts for GT500 5.8, T56, and t-top swap)
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...84#post1944184

Wow that looks amazing!

Been staging tools, parts, supplies for pending removal of the 2.3 valve cover for parts inspection.
    Suspect bad valve guide seal(s) are causing heavy oil consumption and exhaust smoke.
    2x cold compression checks show 180-190 psi, coolant level and temp remain normal.
    All plugs were wet with oil. Turbo disconnected, plugs are now just black not wet.
    Turbocharger crossover and down pipe have been removed, oil line disconnected and plugged.
    Pretty sure a turbo oil seal(s) are shot.
    Draw thru turbo engines will run fine n/a without turbo as long as turbo stays installed on intake manifold and exhaust is connected directly from header to cat.
    Will do leak down test if valve seal replacement is not the cause.
    Engine otherwise runs fine and normal no odd noise. Is drivable (slowly) if oil level is closely monitored and extra oil is on board.
    Have good air compressor holds air for weeks, 2.3 ohc valve spring tool, cylinder air fitting, magnet tool for valve locks.
    Fel-pro valve seal kit (viton intakes).
    22mm socket on long torque wrench to hold crank from turning once in position, in addition to clamps on v-belts at pulleys as 'chocks'.
    Now to get over anxiety of simply doing the work. Would be a piece of cake if cyl head was out of car. No garage.

Bought a new motor to build, just because. Current motor (a 1970 302 block) is great, but with a hydraulic cam set up.
    Bought a roller cam 302 out of a 1989. Running well when pulled. So now I will have a roller block to start stroking and put in the Granada down the road a year or three. Buddy sold it to me, pan to intake with all accessories for $500. Figure I will test and sell the parts I won't ever use, get it down to a bare block, and start slowly building.
    Last edited by richpet; 09-12-2021 at 11:51 AM.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Put about 30 bucks "worth" of 87-octane (21.6 litres @ $1.38/litre... which, for my American compadres, is about 5.7 US gallons @ $5.26/gallon here in Canuckistan!!!) into it's new gas tank, and there's none on the driveway, so that's good, lol... next is to get the Holley 950 3-barrel together and onto it, and get 'er tearing up the road again...
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Yesterday i installed my ECM and harness. It's tight but she fits!

FEP Member

If you decide to use poly bushings in your rear upper control arms, make sure you put 90 degree zerks up in there BEFORE you install the control arm...
    Last edited by Monty78; 08-08-2021 at 10:30 AM.

I replaced a rear taillight lens and turned 50k miles on my 86 5.0 notch.

Installed a MGW shifter.

Ordered a wideband Air/Fuel gauge, shift knob and a few other miscellaneous items yesterday.
    Jeremiah

1986 Mustang GT 5spd, 3.27's
    PimpXS ECU/Android Single DIN Touchscreen
    SN95 Cobra Brakes/SN95 Front LCA's/Axles/S197 Wheels
    1998 Explorer Engine/Stock HO Cam 281rwhp/326rwtq

Made some progress on fuel lines, installed 8 new injectors. Some of my old ones were clogged, after looking at the cost of sending them out it ended up being easier to just get new ones. Today going to work on FPR bracket. Then i can mount the FPR and finish up the fuel lines and reinstall the transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Made some progress on fuel lines, installed 8 new injectors. Some of my old ones were clogged, after looking at the cost of sending them out it ended up being easier to just get new ones. Today going to work on FPR bracket. Then i can mount the FPR and finish up the fuel lines and reinstall the transmission.
    I always wanted to try the diy method of cleaning injectors. I actually went so far as to make a setup like this, but then I got rid of my only efi fox. My other efi vehicles aren't old enough to worry about it.

https://youtu.be/8rk0tKtiVic
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Quote Originally Posted by Broncojunkie View Post
    I always wanted to try the diy method of cleaning injectors. I actually went so far as to make a setup like this, but then I got rid of my only efi fox. My other efi vehicles aren't old enough to worry about it.

https://youtu.be/8rk0tKtiVic
    I tried something like that, but no luck.

Finally reinstalled ds backup light lens.
    Lucky it came loose when washing the car at home, not lost somewhere on a road.
    Repainted the bulb housing reflector silver like it was.
    Lens is reglued plus tethered with a zip tie thru existing lens housing drain hole.

FEP Senior Member

I'm slowly piecing my interior back together on the '86 hatchback i have. I just recovered the headliner, put the A-pillars and windshield trim in, and am working on the other dash pieces this weekend. I need to get the trim and sail panels painted next before I can put the hatch quarter interior back in.