Close

Default Immobiliser - Dual Circuit - 86 GT Vert

Recently purchased a Mongose M15 touch-key automatic dual circuit immobiliser and are now going thru the process to install.
    Have all the wiring diagrams downloaded from here + Haynes Repair Manual Diagrames to suit, what I don't have is the knowledge of which wires I should connect to and where I should be looking to find them. Being a dual circuit, I can immobilise two componets.
    The Maximum continuous rating of this product is 10amps per circuit, so at a guess, I would say that would illiminate the Starter, leaving spark and fuel.
    For spark I have located a Red + Light Green wire to be common to the Coil and Distributer which appears to pass thru the firewall. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    For the Fuel Pump, my guess is, I should be looking for the power wire to the Fuel Pump Relay and I do not know where to find the Fuel Pump Relay and unsure what colour wire I should be looking for. Assistance required here.
    Ignition Input - requires connection to the ignition wire of the vehicle which has +12V on both the "Ignition On" and "Crank" switch positions, so from that, guessing it would have power whilst the car is running. My guess is I should be looking for this wire from the Ignition switch at the Steering Column and again do not know which colour.
    Also require to connect to a +12V power wire, and again, do not know which colour wire is best or where to locate.
    Any help here will be most appreciated, Thanks in advance.

M15OPGUIDE.pdf

Also attached 2 x wiring diagrams, one sourced from 4 eyed and another in colour from google searching.

86_Mustang-ECC-EFI.pdf86_Mustang_Engine_Compartment.pdf
    Last edited by mikes in australia; 01-04-2021 at 04:56 AM.

I would try to source a wiring diagram for your car. They are cheap and a very useful resource for years to come.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Managed to find my way using variuos Wiring Diagrams and the 1986 Mustang/Capri Wiring & Vacuum Trouble Shooting Manual. I found the Manual via a google search which was to a 4eyed member who had posted the manual as a .gif file. The Manual is not cheap, from $40-100 + 50 Postage to Australia. [and now can't find again to use as reference for others and to also thank him].

So, this is what I have done, with reference to the M15 Guide.pdf posted previously.
    Mounted the Immobiliser Unit within the Centre Console.
    Converted the Cigar Lighter to take the Base and Cover of the Receptacle
    Immobiliser circuit #1 - Connected into the Red/Lt Blu [Circuit 32] of the Neutral Start Switch for an Automatic.
    Immobilser circuit # 2 - Connected into the Pink/Blk [Circuit 87] of the Fuel Pump at the Relay, located under the Drivers seat. I re-located the wiring and Relay to inside the Floor Channel. [after a phone call to Mongoose, advised not to use the Yellow [Circuit 37] as it is Hot at all Times.]
    2 Seperate Grounds - used the screw fixings of the Centre Console to the Floor.
    Ignition Input - Red/Lt Grn [Circuit 16] as this has 12V in both the ON and RUN positions.
    Power +12V - Connected into the Lt Blu/ White [Circuit 40] at the connector, as this is Hot at all Times for power to the Cigar Lighter and Clock.
    Happy it all works and if someone decides to be stupid enough to try and steal the car, this will just make it that little bit harder for themselves.

Name:  Receptacle.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  421.2 KB
    Last edited by mikes in australia; 01-08-2021 at 04:59 PM.

FEP Power Member

The Ford dealer installed alarm kit is quite detailed on the wire colors and location for each of the signals. I installed one on my 85 after installing one on my 95 Contour. The kit seemed to be universal and wire colors were unchanged. I have another newer Ford kit to put on my 89 or 84 GT. If someone needs the manual, I’m sure I can dig it up.

FYI, usually the door locks require adding a relay as they draw more current than the alarm unit fuse. You will notice the lights dim when you hit the power locks as it draws a lot of current briefly.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Finally found the thread containg the 86 trouble shooting manual.

i'm scanning the entire 1986 electrical/vacuum book..anyone else, maybe join in... Started by v8only, 06-06-2009 06:17 PM

Many Thanks to v8only for taking the time to scan and share,
    Cheers Mate.