Close

Default Anti-Moan Brackets

Anti-Moan Brackets for your 8.8 five lug conversion. These brackets are GT brackets and not Cobra. Parts are located in Allen, Texas. $40.00 plus shipping. Pm me for more information. Thanks, OB

Name:  IMG_1280.JPG
Views: 177
Size:  30.6 KBName:  IMG_1281.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  29.1 KB
    Last edited by mongusta; 01-02-2021 at 05:20 PM.

hi.. are these cobra or GT... thanks

They do not have the word COBRA stamped into the part. They are the same part for the GT and the COBRA just the stamping is different. So the answer is the parts I have for sale will fit a COBRA, a GT or even a V6. Any other questions let me know. Thanks OB
    LIFE IS ONE LONG WEEKEND

actually the cobra ones are larger.. cobras have different caliper brackets to move the caliper father out to clear the larger cobra rotor...

Quote Originally Posted by mongusta View Post
    They do not have the word COBRA stamped into the part. They are the same part for the GT and the COBRA just the stamping is different. So the answer is the parts I have for sale will fit a COBRA, a GT or even a V6. Any other questions let me know. Thanks OB

The Cobra has a different caliper bracket is correct but the place it mounts to the rear end is the same. The mounting bracket position on the rear end is where the anti moan bracket bolts to. If the mounting bracket location on the rear end was different for a Cobra it would make the whole axle housing unique only to the Cobra and we know we can mount Cobra rear disc on any housing. Any more questions, please let me know. Thanks OB
    LIFE IS ONE LONG WEEKEND

FEP Senior Member

No. Fordstuff is correct. The Cobra used a unique end plate that attached the to rear end for the Cobra brakes so the caliper could be mounted further out. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-9...-/120968192994

The anti-moan brackets triangulate this bracket. The Cobra also (unfortunately) uses its own unique anti-moan brackets. It appears that parts that you have are the GT/V6 and they are in very nice shape.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

As we get older, we continue to learn and today is a learning day for me. I started my research by looking up several articles about the brackets. As many said they were the same as said they were different. Everyone seemed very confident in their belief. So I decided to go one step further. My 84 convertible has a 89 Cobra rear end assembly complete. So I ventured to the garage to find out for myself if there is a difference. Low and behold after removing the known Cobra bracket (it has Cobra stamped on it) I discovered that yes there is a Santa Claus and the Cobra bracket is definitely different. I've enclosed two pictures. One from the Ford Racing M-2300-M installation brochure and the other picture is identical to the one that I have for sale. So the answer is and I will change my ad to reflect it, my really nice anti moan brackets are from a GT. Sorry for the inconvenience and I appreciate sharing of the information. Thanks, OB

Name:  IMG_1285.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  29.6 KBName:  IMG_1287.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  28.0 KB
    LIFE IS ONE LONG WEEKEND

FEP Senior Member

There is a lot of contradictory and incorrect information out there on these brackets mainly regarding part numbers. It doesn't help that aside from the COBRA stamped into them that they are relatively difficult to tell apart in pictures. The Cobra brackets list for crazy money on ebay ($200-$300). I plan to just modify a set of GT/V6 brackets for use with the Cobra brakes.

Good luck with the sale!
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

I installed the Ford Racing Cobra rear brake kit on my 1994 5.0 GT. It came with new ones but I left my stock GT ones in place and it works fine. In fact, the Ford instructions for the kit say right in them something like "your OEM brackets MAY work with the kit." Mine did and they remain unmodified.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

you look at the cobra bracket in the pic you will notice the U clamp bracket is mounted all the way outboard on the bracket and the GT has the U clamp bracket mounted all the way in board. The rest is the same.[ATTACH]13483Attachment 1347833[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by mongusta; 01-04-2021 at 06:06 PM.
    LIFE IS ONE LONG WEEKEND

there are different lengths where the ubolt goes but that can be overcome..gt and v6 comes in multiple lengths... the big difference is the height where the 2 bolts go thru..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by fordstuff; 01-04-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Paypal Sent!

Thanks!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

sold thanks
    LIFE IS ONE LONG WEEKEND

Mine is a VERY early production 1994. October of 1993. I never touched or moved or unbolted them whatsoever. The Ford Racing instructions said they "may" fit and they do. Don't know what else to say but I have 10.6 inch vented Cobra rotors on it? But knowing Ford and the way they randomly change stuff half way through a month it i snot surprising. My "Cobra" brackets are still safe and sound up in the attic. The box has never been opened.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

that's what it may be.. the 04 up cobra rotors are 11.65 diameter and they use the bigger antimoans...

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Mine is a VERY early production 1994. October of 1993. I never touched or moved or unbolted them whatsoever. The Ford Racing instructions said they "may" fit and they do. Don't know what else to say but I have 10.6 inch vented Cobra rotors on it? But knowing Ford and the way they randomly change stuff half way through a month it i snot surprising. My "Cobra" brackets are still safe and sound up in the attic. The box has never been opened.