Close

New User

Default New guy here as of today

Hello and Merry Christmas everyone.
    Was thinking about my 86 last night and started looking around on the interweb
    and stumbled here and loved what I found and decided to join you guys.
    As I stated I had a 86 GT. I bought it new on New Year’s Day in 86.
    On New Year’s Eve a bunch of my friends hooked up and went to my familys
    cabin in the woods to have a bonfire and drink cheap beer. While there a friend of a friend
    showed up and he mentioned that he went to Fayetteville NC that day and stopped by the Ford
    place and saw a awesome kick butt GT that just came in the day before and was in the showroom
    After hearing what he told us it stayed in my mind the rest of the night and when I opened my bloodshot eyes
    on New Years Day I knew exactly what and where I was going after lunch. I called the dealership to see if they
    were open and they were and I headed that way. As I was leaving my dad did something he had never
    done before and asked if he could tag along. When we got there I went straight to it and fell in love
    I asked if I could test drive it and they said yes but warned me that another gentlemen was on his way
    with a down payment after he looked at it the day before. My Dad and I hoped in it and had a FUN test drive
    and headed back to the dealership. Without saying a word to me My dad bypassed the salesman and and went
    to the dealership owners office and left me standing there. Five minutes later they came out and the owner told
    his salesman to go take the car to cleanup and have it ready in an hour. Needless to say I was one happy 20 year old.
    It was Oxford white, red interior and had ttops and I loved the next three years I had with it. It was a real panty dropper guys.
    On August of 99 I had just washed and had just installed off road pipes at my dads garage and less than two minutes after I back it off
    the lift it was destroyed by a 60”s something VW bug. When I left the garage I opened it up and up the road I saw the VW pulled off in the grass in the right side of the road and without looking he attempted to make a u turn right when I was at him so I swerved hard right but my right rear tire ran up and over his front left fender and launched the GT in the air and it landed upside down hard on its roof and then got hit by another car in the left quarter panel by a car headed the other way. Car was destroyed. I bought a 90 GT to replace it but was never pleased with it and sold a year later. Now 41 years later I am on the hunt to replace my 86. Haven’t look long yet but have not seen one just like my old on. It was Oxford white with the black trim below the mid door trim and black lower fascia with red interior. Sorry for such a long story just to say hello to everyone. Thanks for listening.

Welcome. Good luck with the hunt.
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

Welcome hada86 from Hada86gt- great minds think alike LOL. Like you I had a 86 sold it and a few years back found another. Good luck with your search.

Welcome to FEP, sorry to hear how you lost the 86, but from the story glad to see you are you posting anything. Could of been a lot worse.... Good look with your search and hope you find something soon...

Welcome to the site! I'm sure you will find another '86 GT. You came to the right place. I foolishly sold my '86 Capri back in the early nineties. I decided to look for another one in 2012 and posted a wanted ad on this site. I found my current Capri from that want ad. Good luck with your search.

Welcome. Neat story regarding your 86, too bad it didn’t survive. Good luck with your search.
    Andy G.
    1986 Mustang GT vert, 2R, original owner, 5 spd, 19k miles
    1986 Mustang SVO, 1C, comp prep, 3rd owner, 48k miles
    1989 Ranger GT -SOLD-
    2004 T-Bird, triple black, SST