Close

Default 79-86 chrome window trim/doors/sails

#1 question is anyone finding any of this for sale still? Seems almost unobtainable
    #2 if you have this chrome trim what are the options for replacing the dew wipe weatherstrips?
    86 Capri-84 LTD a wagon-85 notch-86 notch

I don't seem much of the trim available from the regular Mustang vendors. Fox Resto occasionally has some NOS parts, but generally charges BIG $$ for that. Ebay, and WTB here are probably your best options.

If you have your lower window trim in chrome in good shape, just order the full replacement trim and weatherstripping from any of the vendors, then swap the weatherstripping from the new trim to your chrome trim. I do the same even with the black/grey trim since the new stuff is poor fitting and generally comes in damaged anyway. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    I don't seem much of the trim available from the regular Mustang vendors. Fox Resto occasionally has some NOS parts, but generally charges BIG $$ for that. Ebay, and WTB here are probably your best options.

If you have your lower window trim in chrome in good shape, just order the full replacement trim and weatherstripping from any of the vendors, then swap the weatherstripping from the new trim to your chrome trim. I do the same even with the black/grey trim since the new stuff is poor fitting and generally comes in damaged anyway. Good Luck!

Trey I appreciate the tip! I’m glad to know I can pop new rubber in them! I’ve seen so many nice cars with chrome trim and u see a black repop at the bottom
    Of the window lol

Ditto what Trey says. I ordered the dew wipes in gray trim and they came in bent and the finish was cracked/chipped. I was glad to see you can move the new rubber to the old trim. It’s not hard to do, just takes a litttle time.
    W

As always, "It ain't what you don't know that gets you, it's what you think you know that just ain't so."

Bump for 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Badsmurf View Post
    Bump for 2021
    If you are in need of chrome window trim, I would recommend a WTB in the Classified section. I might have what you need, but would have to double check. Send me a PM if you want me to look.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller