Close

Default Fuel tank already vented?

Is the fuel tank on an '81 already vented? I don't see a vent line, but it has a fuel return line so I assume it is?
    The Fitech injection requires a vented tank. It comes with a vent kit if needed, but if I don't need to I would prefer not to punch another hole in the fuel tank.
    Thanky!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

My 80 is vented through the hard plastic tube going to the charcoal canister. Plugged the line once, quits after a few kms.

I think I saw a line running up front so I will double check that.
    Appreciate it!
    I think I'm vented then, but will confirm.

83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

Yeah if your year model has an evap system,you've got a vented tank.There should be a rollover/vent valve in one of the holes in the top of the tank.If you've ever experienced a hissing noise when removing your gas cap (more likely to occur when the fuel level is low) thats an indication of a suspect evap component not allowing the tank to vent.A defective vent valve,purge valve,kinked evap hose or suspect gas cap can cause this.The oem gas cap has a pressure/vacuum relief valve in it that allows air to be drawn in to the tank to replace the fuel as its used & to also prevent fumes from escaping into the atmosphere.The pressure relief valve in the cap is used as a backup for a normal venting system that has been overcome by too much internal pressure or restriction. The vent valve allowed fumes to be purged from the tank while preventing liquid fuel from escaping to the charcoal canister.The 80-93 models are listed as having a vent valve. Part # E7DZ-9B593-A

I do have the canister on the right front frame rail so I think I'm good.