Close

Default 83 Mustang Convertible 5.0L V8

86' SVO 1C # 17 of 3379 86's #6475 of 9837
    86' SVO 1C #497 of 3379 86's #6955 of 9837
    84' GT Turbo #4 of 3241 GT Turbo HB's #560 of 3935
    87' Thunderbird TC 1 of 10
    http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...e-of-the-Month

Seems like there are so many cars I see that I may want and then..... AC removed, heater bypassed, original steering wheel replaced with the SAME Grant steering wheel. It's 2020. No excuse for removing AC or bypassing heater. I know it can be a pain, but FIX IT. Or, accept that it is worth substantially less, and I'll fix it. </rant>
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

I'd love to have those seats in my 88 vert.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Quote Originally Posted by 79Coupe View Post
    Seems like there are so many cars I see that I may want and then..... AC removed, heater bypassed, original steering wheel replaced with the SAME Grant steering wheel. It's 2020. No excuse for removing AC or bypassing heater. I know it can be a pain, but FIX IT. Or, accept that it is worth substantially less, and I'll fix it. </rant>
    In this day and age you'd be remiss to bypass a Mustang because of non-functioning heat or a/c. The number of unoriginal/ butchered cars out there is mind boggling and a Ford Racing a/c delete kit and heater core bypass does not qualify as either of those descriptors.
    82 Mercury Capri - 11.99 @ 112, AFR headed Mountaineer motor
    86 Mustang LX Coupe - the original Coyote swap 4-eye. Gone but not forgotten!

Oh, sure. I wouldn't skip one for those reasons, my point was that the sellers seem to think that missing AC components or bypassed heater doesn't impact price. LMR sells a complete AC kit for $800 (I think). So if the price is where an extra $800 doesn't make it ridiculous, then sure, I'd buy it.
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

Quote Originally Posted by 79Coupe View Post
    Oh, sure. I wouldn't skip one for those reasons, my point was that the sellers seem to think that missing AC components or bypassed heater doesn't impact price. LMR sells a complete AC kit for $800 (I think). So if the price is where an extra $800 doesn't make it ridiculous, then sure, I'd buy it.
    I think that supply and demand has made the lack of a/c irrelevant. 95% of these are getting Coyote swapped or turned into drag cars, or even LS swapped. The market prices reflect that. A convertible shouldn't need a/c either
    82 Mercury Capri - 11.99 @ 112, AFR headed Mountaineer motor
    86 Mustang LX Coupe - the original Coyote swap 4-eye. Gone but not forgotten!