Close

Default 1985 Mustang tachometer

I have a 1985 Mustang and I’m installing the Sniper EFI along with the HyperSpark system. Per the installation instructions I’m showing the dark brown wire as the tach output. Does anyone know where I should run this dark brown wire in order to provide RPM to the factory tach?1985 Mustang tachometer

You have an EVTM?

Factory duraspark stuff in the bay still to trace out wires? with evtm guidance.

Father did this recently when he went HEI in his 85. Found it by the driver side strut tower. I dont know the wire off hand but it is doable.

I’m not sure. I don’t even know what EVTM stands for. However, I do have this piece. I think it was part of the original coil and the green and yellow wire is labeled tach test.Name:  B22DB409-3C21-4EED-9259-4F375B0BECDD.jpeg
Views: 192
Size:  123.7 KB

EVTM

Electrical and vacuum trouble shooting manual. How do you do any work without one!?

I couldn't answer if the wires you have there are the correct or not as I did not do the install on my dads car.

Makes sense for it to be. It would only be one wire.

Apparently the hard way :-) just ordered one off eBay for 20 bucks. Thanks David!

I hope I didn't come off hard. It is an invaluable resource. Helps tremendously with diagnosing issues allows you to know where wires should be and what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by 320driver View Post
    Apparently the hard way :-) just ordered one off eBay for 20 bucks. Thanks David!
    You’ll wonder how you ever went without one.
    saves so much hassle and not that expensive
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

I have wanted to try that Sniper for a while. I bet many drivability issues on a hot rod can be smoothed out with a set-up like that. Let me now how it works out.