Close

Default Blower motor replacement on a non a/c 79.

I need to get to the blower motor on my non ac 1979 capri. Everything I see online shows a section to remove from the later ac cars that allows the blower to drop out in a few minutes. It looks like I need to pull the whole box/dash to get to this, but I'm hoping that I'm missing something that will make this job simpler.

Thanks.
    1979 Capri RS 302/4spd- Rough (but free!)
    1982 Fairmont 200/c5- Rough, but running
    1987 Olds Cutlass 403/t56/4.10 Dana 60
    1972 Plymouth Satellite wagon- AACA HPOF, all original, my grandpa bought it new.
    And many more...

Quote Originally Posted by marcar1993 View Post
    I need to get to the blower motor on my non ac 1979 capri. Everything I see online shows a section to remove from the later ac cars that allows the blower to drop out in a few minutes. It looks like I need to pull the whole box/dash to get to this, but I'm hoping that I'm missing something that will make this job simpler.

Thanks.
    HI no its like 3 bolts the pass kick panel and loosen pass side lower dash bolts the one on the door jamb lower and one behind glove box
    goto youtube HOUSEOF DULA his latest video of his new project a 79 shows how to do it . I just did it on my84 but there is one small etra scew on my 84. good luck easy

Default notes heater blower motor replace

Car is 79 Mustang non/ac from factory. Bought in 1980. Everything is intact.
    Is on 3rd heater blower. All were DIY repairs with no main dash removal, only components.
    Summery from shop manual and memory. Its a long one day job.

Remove glove box liner.
    Remove right register duct work (1 screw), lower edge of IP.
    disengage from dash register outlet, remove thru glove box opening.
    Removed right vent assy or at least loosened it for working access.
    Disconnect blower lead wire from resistor assy. Push back thru hole in case.
    Remove rt kick trip panel to access the blower ground terminal lug and remove retaining screw.
    Remove blower wheel retaining spring at hub with pliers.
    Remove 3 blower motor retaining screws (9/32" long extension). Remove old blower.

Install:
    Insert/route new blower motor wires thru back of blower housing.
    Line up blower mounting flange onto 2 locator pins of the blower housing. Install retaining screws.
    Install blower wheel. Line up hub clip 90° to flat on blower motor shaft.
    Reinstall kick panel ground wire lug.
    Route blower power lead thru the hole in center of case and connect to resistor assy.
    Reinstall rt ventilator assy. Test blower.
    Last edited by gr79; 12-13-2020 at 06:45 PM.