Close

Thread: Guages

rswakebrdrcobra

Default Guages

alright, this may be a stupid question. i want to add two new guages to my pillar, i want to add a good temp and oil pressure guages. i however want to accomplish this without disableing my in dash oil pressure and temp guages. is that possible to do, or am i stuck using the factory inaccurate hard to read guages?

you can get t-fittings to allow use of your factory gauges at the same time as your aftermarket gauges, they're even available at Advance,and Auto zone and the like.
    1985 Mustang 5.0 coupe - dad's
    1983 Mustang GT sold deeply missed
    1981 Mercury Capri sold, not so missed (too far gone)
    1991 LX 5.0 vert sold
    2000 GT 75 mm TB, PP upper plenum, CAI, x pipe w/flows, SCT xcal 2 with a BAMAchips custom tune

I believe there are multiple spots to put a water temp sender. Depends on the intake. I think the oil sender will need a t-fitting.
    1983 5.0L GT with a few bolt-ons

1966 Coupe (Project yet to be finished)

Quote Originally Posted by white1983GT
    you can get t-fittings to allow use of your factory gauges at the same time as your aftermarket gauges, they're even available at Advance,and Auto zone and the like.

ahhh, my bro and I have dual pod autometer gauges, oil and temp waiting to go in, and everyone preaches the t fittings, but no one yet has to come up with anything solid.

I have called the local vato zone, and they thought I was crazy. Do you have a part #, a picture, or ANYTHING that will help me out finding this t fitting so I can get the temp guage hooked up??
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

I had water temp and oil pressure gauges installed on the a-pillar of my Blazer, aside from the gauges themselves I bought everything I needed to install them from advance, including the t-fittings. I never knew they were hard to find or anything, just told the guy at the counter and he brought them to me.

I'd take pics, but I sold the truck in december.
    maybe try a NAPA they usually have car guys working there that may be more likely to know what they are talking about. By the way I'm not knocking Autozone or anything, but around here I've talked to many of the counter people that couldn't tell the difference between a throttle body, and a carb.
    1985 Mustang 5.0 coupe - dad's
    1983 Mustang GT sold deeply missed
    1981 Mercury Capri sold, not so missed (too far gone)
    1991 LX 5.0 vert sold
    2000 GT 75 mm TB, PP upper plenum, CAI, x pipe w/flows, SCT xcal 2 with a BAMAchips custom tune

When you go to the parts store ask for a brass T-fitting. If it's Advance Auto & they don't know what your talking about ask for their parts pro. The reason you need to talk to them or one of the managers is because they like to hire a lot of young inexperienced people so they only have to pay minimum wage. I'm an ex manager from one of their stores for that very reason. They have these # crunchers that sit behind a desk and all they care about is the bottom line instead of quality, Knowledgable people.
    Good luck.