Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

In this case, if it works - great, keep up with it. The EECiv might be staying on the alpha N values for open loop in certain sitiuations.

Do keep checking for codes, and verifiy top dead centre and where 18 degrees actually is. If there us a fault, it might be beneficial. Probe the O2 sensor as Etyhl Cat suggests.

Yeah, I have to verify the TDC, I can't really find a good tool. Do you have any suggestions? The 1st cylinder is just incredibly inconvenient for most of the 'feeler' TDC tools and I just don't have much confidence in the pressure based ones. The KOEO still seems to be fine and that is where I get the important news anyway. We are expecting winter this week so I suspect the O2 sensor fun will have to wait. That should be easy to tap in to come spring.
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    K&N filter in a stock dual snorkel, GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721 intake, MSD 8456 Dist., MSD 8227 coil
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals
    Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, dura grip (both Yukon)
    Ford Performance Springs, Firehawk A/S 225/55r16 on LMR TRX r390 wheels (street)
    Federal 595 rs-rr 245/40r17 and 255/40r17 on OE cobra r wheels (race)
    AOD rebuilt with a 6 clutch direct drum, Koline steels stacked with 8 clutches, Kevlar band, superior shift kit, new torque converter. --Everything else stock and fully functional.

Nice. Great times. Well done for you both.

I enjoyed all my best Ford Mods when my three children were in the bump stage...

4bbĺ Pinto 2000, Falcon 4.1 Propane 2 bbl, 2.3 liter Cologne V6 mit IHI RB5 turbo and Propane.

The TDC thing is easy with the right tool, a rubber nosed dumb dumb plug with too much thead. I used an old Bernstien prox sensor in a std Cleveland 17 mm to Windsor 14mm plug insert. A threaded metric rod with a dollop of the toolmakers hot dip coating called Crocell does as good a job with none of that jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by emerygt350 View Post
    Yeah, I have to verify the TDC, I can't really find a good tool. Do you have any suggestions? The 1st cylinder is just incredibly inconvenient for most of the 'feeler' TDC tools and I just don't have much confidence in the pressure based ones. The KOEO still seems to be fine and that is where I get the important news anyway. We are expecting winter this week so I suspect the O2 sensor fun will have to wait. That should be easy to tap in to come spring.
    Cylinder 6 is at TDC at same time as #1 if that is easier to access.

My favorite way to find tdc quickly is a leakdown tester hose with a vacuum/pressure gauge on the end. The gauge will show pressure as long as the piston is moving up. When the pressure drops to zero you are at tdc. It will take a few try's to get a feel for it but it works well.

Remember if you do this on cylinder 6 that cylinder 1 is at tdc exhaust so you will need to go 1 rotation to get to tdc #1. You should be within a couple degrees.
    BBD PERFORMANCE
    HIGH PERFORMANCE PARTS
    CUSTOM ENGINE BUILDS
    CUSTOM CAM DESIGNS
    1983 CRIMSON CAT OWNER

Thanks for the tip, 6 is way more convenient!
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    K&N filter in a stock dual snorkel, GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721 intake, MSD 8456 Dist., MSD 8227 coil
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals
    Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, dura grip (both Yukon)
    Ford Performance Springs, Firehawk A/S 225/55r16 on LMR TRX r390 wheels (street)
    Federal 595 rs-rr 245/40r17 and 255/40r17 on OE cobra r wheels (race)
    AOD rebuilt with a 6 clutch direct drum, Koline steels stacked with 8 clutches, Kevlar band, superior shift kit, new torque converter. --Everything else stock and fully functional.

Quote Originally Posted by emerygt350 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, 6 is way more convenient!
    You are very welcome!
    BBD PERFORMANCE
    HIGH PERFORMANCE PARTS
    CUSTOM ENGINE BUILDS
    CUSTOM CAM DESIGNS
    1983 CRIMSON CAT OWNER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12