Close

Default 85 Coupe 5.0/5 spd Original - $6,000 (Kent WA)

1985 Ford Mustang

condition: good
    cylinders: 8 cylinders
    drive: rwd
    fuel: gas
    odometer: 168000
    paint color: white
    size: compact
    title status: clean
    transmission: manual
    type: coupe

1985 Mustang 5.0 / 5 speed. All original.

Background: Was purchased new by the previous owner and was his wife's family car until 1997 when the heater core went out. He would drive the car around his property / neighborhood to keep the car moving, but was not licensed until I purchased earlier this year. The car was stored indoors (detached garage) during that time.

Details: Good body with a few bumps / Original oxford white paint. Original blue vinyl interior shows its age (seam splits) but is complete. Carpet is original and in ok shape. Dash has some discoloration but is intact. Needs headliner (removed material as it was sagging). Includes factory console (that I did not put back in the car). Good door panels. Windshield has a few 'dings' but no cracks, the rest of the glass is good.

Mechanical: 100% original 5.0 (carb) with AC, HO air cleaner / intake and factory aluminum valve covers. Runs pretty good considering it has not been a driver for 23 years - slight hesitation in the carb at low speeds. T5 has a recent clutch (per previous owner) and shifts great. Brakes are good with newer master cylinder and front calipers. New battery and heater core. Factory 7.5 posi rear with 2.79 gears. Tires have decent tread.

Needs: I would trust the car as a daily driver as it sits, although I will do the following if I end up keeping the car: Replace windshield (not terrible, but ..), Replace rear main seal (minor oil leak), Turn /replace front rotors (mild 'pulse' when braking). I believe the previous owner replaced pads/calipers/master cylinder but it appears he did not update the rotors.

This is a great car. Difficult to find coupe that has the 5.0 and 5 speed. This is the last of the Holley 4 barrel carb'd engines and it is a strong runner. Not perfect, but a great start to a restoration or??? I have too many projects and no time to spend on this one.

If interested, please email with your number if you would like a response. I'll call back.
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/c...235591999.html

Mike

Deleted.....sold fast I guess.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White