Close

Default Holley 4180C fuel inlet fitting

Can someone please tell me what size and type of fuel inlet fitting I need to connect my fuel line to my stock 4180C carb? I need to run from my regulator to the carb. I'm running 6an braided line. I was told it was 9/16 24 but it's not so the fittings I bought are useless. Also can I remove the bronze filter if I'm running 2 external filters?
    Last edited by Sask84gt; 11-23-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

You can remove the filter if you want to, but why not leave it there and still keep a filter in front of it? Odds of it EVER clogging is super low if everything starts clean and you have those other filters going.

Sorry, I don't recall the fitting size.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by richpet View Post
    You can remove the filter if you want to, but why not leave it there and still keep a filter in front of it? Odds of it EVER clogging is super low if everything starts clean and you have those other filters going.

Sorry, I don't recall the fitting size.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Ok thanks. I've actually got 2 filters in front of it. One before pump and one after pump. It's no biggie for me to leave it in though. More important is the fitting size which for the life of me I can seem to find.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

You can try calling holley tech support for fitting size
    Is the 9/16 to small or too big and do the threads seem similar

Have a pic ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry peachuer View Post
    You can try calling holley tech support for fitting size
    Is the 9/16 to small or too big and do the threads seem similar

Have a pic ?
    I was going to try calling tech if no one on here could help me. There are a couple members who know a lot about these carbs so I figured someone would have the answer. The 9/16-24 banjo bolt is too big for the current fitting which I'm assuming is stock. If I remove the fitting and the filter the 9/16-24 banjo bolt is to small.
    Last edited by Sask84gt; 11-24-2020 at 06:44 PM.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

I can't get to my 4180 easily at the moment to measure, but standard tube nut thread size for a 5/16 tube is 1/2-20. Would make sense if your 9/16 fitting is too big. Tube nuts on the feed line on my other holleys have 5/8-18 threads so 4180 must have a different inlet nut.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

FEP Senior Member

Is this it? https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...gs/parts/26-27 Sorry don't have a 4180 to look at.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVarnes View Post
    Is this it? https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...gs/parts/26-27 Sorry don't have a 4180 to look at.
    Thanks, if 85mustangtgt is right then that would be the fitting that's in it. So in order to attach my braided line to that I would need either a 7/8-20 to 6an fitting( if I remove the stock fitting) or a 1/2- 20 banjo bolt and fitting if I keep the fitting in?
    Last edited by Sask84gt; 11-24-2020 at 08:21 PM.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt