Close

Default Factory Gauge cluster wiring.

Can you wire the factory gauges without using the circuit ribbon?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Of course, though it will be an arduous task which will certainly involve much hackery. Essentially you would be replacing the printed circuit with wires everywhere as well as whatever components were on the printed circuit like regulators and such.

Whats the reason I may ask?

I have a couple factory gauge clusters but not a factory wiring harness. I have a universal harness but it doesn't have the connectors needed to plug into the cluster.

Oh so you have the printed circuit but not the connectors to plug into the printed circuits?

If you are handy you can solder to the printed circuit. Ive done it though it is a pain. I would suggest soldering a little pigtail to the printed circuit to a connectors of your choice where you then wire in to the rest of the car. This way you can remove the cluster and not have to wired everything directly to it.

It may be best to find the factory connectors to the printed circuit second hand from member on here. It will make things SO much easier.

Thanks for the Help.

No worries. Just FYI no ribbon cable is used. I thought you were orginally talking about the printed circuit on the back of the cluster as that is "ribbon like." The factory harnesses are wires to mass connectors that clip into the printed circuit on the cluster.

That's what I need. The connectors that plug into the back of gauge cluster housing. There should be 2 of them. They make the contact to the circuits.