Close

Default LMR Digital Gauge Cluster

This thing is pretty dang cool! I'm pretty disappointed at how expensive it is though, damn!

Name:  Screenshot 2020-11-20 085839.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  50.1 KB

I guess it's made by Dakota Digital for them, which would probably explain why the regular Dakota Digital cluster is cheaper.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

You didn't post a link or a price??

FYI:
    https://lmr.com/item/LRS-7986MUSBW/d...-cluster-79-86

$755

Ouch!

Pic for a 4-eye:
    Last edited by stangPlus2Birds; 11-20-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Link for the 87-93 instruments.

https://lmr.com/products/fox-body-mu...duct-highlight

Price is $899, so even more than the 4 eye.

Honestly I wish the Dakota digital was a digital version replica of the OEM instruments for the 4 eye also. That would be cool!

The price for either is not cheap, but if you price out swapping in Autometer or comparable individual gauges, you can easily hit the same price point. If that custom look is what you want that is the way to go, but you still don't get many of the features of the Dakota Digital setup. I may end up with a set in one of my Four Eyes at some point, although I am honestly considering installing their instrument cluster in my 86 Bronco to improve the setup and lighting in it. LED bulbs have helped immensely, but the tach can't seem to read accurately and the cable actuated gear position indicator is only right for a day or so and then needs to be readjusted. That's an extra $100 add on to the dash kit, but honestly it's a pet peeve of mine, so who knows that might be my Christmas gift to myself.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Sweet.

I'm sure they're working on a 4-eye version. In the "review" video for this one they say Dakota made one custom for the Mercury Rising ASC/McLaren.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

I have heard rumors of a 4 eyed version and even a 83-88 Tbird version at some point.?? Can’t remember now where I read or heard that. One can certainly dream though, right?? Lol

its nice but not crazy with the back lighting.... should have other colors
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed it wasn't backlit green, but I understand why they went with white. Our DDs' gauges all glow white, so probably trying to be like that.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

I wish the Dakota Digital dash had a built in shift light. I know it will control one, but I don't see why a bright led bulb couldn't be added to the tach? I don't like gaudy tachs or external shift lights like I did 25 years ago.
    Last edited by bkm; 11-24-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    I wish the Dakota Digital dash had a built in shift light. I know it will control one, but I don't see why a bright led bulb couldn't be added to the tach? I don't like gaudy tachs or external shift lights like I did 25 years ago.
    I have mine hidden behind the dash vents. Maybe something you can go for. Sure is bright enough to catch your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    I have mine hidden behind the dash vents. Maybe something you can go for. Sure is bright enough to catch your attention.

Such a nice job you did
    Great work
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Beautiful job. I just might do that since my vents will be inoperable anyway.

Thanks guys.

this is the company if interested:

https://www.raptorperformance.com/co...s/shift-lights

they seem to have a newer model available now with integrated rpm readout. I have the gen 1 single mode shift light.

I also have a warning light from them hidden in the drivers side dash vent for my hurst line lock.

To activate my line lock I hit the "tgate" switch underneath the "ant" switch. that triggers a relay that gives me a three minute window to hold down my factory cruise "off" switch on the steering wheel which then triggers the line lock solenoid and raptor warning light in the drivers side vent. I wanted all factory appearance..no extra switches to activate the line lock.
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 11-25-2020 at 01:01 AM.

Your car is sweet.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Your car is sweet.
    Thanks. here is a demonstration of how line lock is set up in my car with the raptor warning indicator:

Speaking of great solutions for updating your late Fox style dash, check this out! A double DIN stereo bracket that relocates your HVAC controls!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MPJ1YiaHPM

I really wish this had been around when I was in the market for a new stereo in my Zeph. I would have DEFINITELY gone with it. Too late now, though, I've got gauges there.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

That Vic is sick!!! My son just got a 87 CV.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

Recognize the username now. Thanks. Many cool things can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Link for the 87-93 instruments.

https://lmr.com/products/fox-body-mu...duct-highlight

Price is $899, so even more than the 4 eye.

Honestly I wish the Dakota digital was a digital version replica of the OEM instruments for the 4 eye also. That would be cool!
    Isn't that what this is? https://www.dakotadigital.com/index....rod/prd895.htm
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

That is a Dakota Digital cluster, yes, but it's not designed to look like the stock gauges like the one above is.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

OH. Duh... lol. Guess I need to pay more attention.
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    hp

But its worth 25hp
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153