Close

Default 1E rattle can paint

Does anyone know where I can get rattle can paint in the 1E pewter paint? I'm wanting to repaint the engine bay while the engine and K member are out. Ive found them online but I'm not looking to pay up to $35 a can for this paint. Doesn't need to be an exact match as one day they car will be blown apart and painted inside and out, I just want it to look decent for the time being.
    1979 Ford Mustang Pace Car
    4.6 2V conversion underway!!

The 1E is honestly a unique color and often the new paint systems do not match the original color properly. I have encountered this personally with my PC.

$35 a can is definitely not cheap, but I don't know that there will be many options. You might check with your local auto body/paint supply stores and see if they can mix and package in rattle cans. The other option might be a cheap Harbor Freight spray gun and single stage premix quart, although probably still going to cost you $50-$75.

Oh, one other item is that if you do get the paint mixed locally, depending on your brand of paint, you may need to look the 1E color up for a 1980 model as many of the older paint catalogs don't show the 1E available for the 79 model since it was only on the PC and produced late in the model year before Indy 500. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller