Close

Default I have a question....

Can some of you measure the width between the Rear Shock Towers where they meet the trunk floor? Does yours measure out at 38 1/2" This is where the tower and floor actually meet. Thanks

I have been told there is a difference between EARLY and LATER Fox bodies..................width between REAR shock towers is from 37" to as much as 38 1/2"......anyone else heard of this? This distance is where the towers meet the trunk floor.
    Last edited by Fastronald; 11-15-2020 at 02:48 PM.

no one? I'm giving thoughts of building Bolt in Rear Shock Tower Braces.....however there are differences in Fox bodies from 79' - to 04' ...I would build these one a case by case basis to insure perfect fit using two 3/8" grade eight bolts

Blog Entries

Hi, you posted this in the Post/Thread Article Promotion Area, not a tech section. Moving your thread to a more appropriate forum.

Thanks!

Due to differences in various years from 79' to 04" I may build a heavy duty "ADJUSTABLE" Rear Shock Tower Brace.....with widths from 37" to 38 1/2" this will allow you to thread the two sections together to the proper length for your car and use the lock nut to secure it...then two 3/8" Grade Eight bolts to bolt it in place...two holes would need be drilled.......any thoughts on this? projected cost including shipping would be $55.oo to $60.oo at the moment..I can strive to build them quicker/easier and reduce the cost.

Rear shock tower braces don't appear to provide any performance benefit in Fox chassis cars. The loads are vertical rather than lateral. This issue among others was discussed at length over on c-c.com. If anything, you'd want to provide a reinforcement plate around the shock upper mount for those who want to run Coil-overs. But even this sort of piece may not be much benefit.