Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

FINAL UPDATE.

Received the decals from Phoenix Graphix, and they turned out to be damn near the perfect color. 10/10 recommend if you're looking for a matching charcoal.

The packaging itself was much better than LMR. The decals came with a heavy clear plastic top layer, which made placing them very easy, as well as rubbing out the bubbles.

The hood decal came with a matching decklid “Mustang GT” graphic, and are a very high quality matte finish.

Pictures don't do full justice, but you can see on the trunk - in natural light - the color is SPOT ON.

Last edited by ITdude87; 02-13-2023 at 03:21 PM.
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

That new decal looks great from a color standpoint. Looks like it matches the cowl grille perfectly.

However, it looks to be considerably narrower than the original, comparing to the pic in post #13. It looks like there is a good 1/2" of the raised portion of the hood still showing, versus the original looking like it covers the entire width of the raised section. Also the same width comment comparing it to the cowl grille width. Your thoughts? Is it as noticeable in person as I see it in the pics?
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Take into consideration - I don't have any way to confirm whether the decal from post #13 is OEM or not. I ran a Marti Report, and my car allegedly came with a "hood decal delete" option.

From other stock photos I've seen of 85/86's - the front of the decal ends a couple finger widths before the front body line of the hood like this new one does. The decal from post #13 went all the way to the edge, and I could see leftovers from where it was peeled/missing that it actually spilled over. I don't think it was OEM....If anything it might have been a touch oversized.

That said. I measured about .6'' of empty space on either side of the cowl.

In person, it looks amazing and I would not let the tiny little bit of spacing sway you away from it, it looks absolutely proper.

Dollars to donuts, this is the best one available unless you go full blown custom at a local vinyl shop and somehow have a flat OEM stencil or graphic they can use. Good luck. You could always try Graphics Express as that's the only "gray" one available on the web that I didn't order and see in person, but I would take it with a grain of salt - YMMV
    Last edited by ITdude87; 02-16-2023 at 02:54 PM.
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12