Close

Default 1986 Mustang GT. Jalapeño Red or LR Blue. Any color is fine though. Stick Only.

I am looking for a 1986 Mustang GT. I would prefer Jalapeño Red or Light Regatta Blue. I am not picky on color though and would consider any color available. It doesn't have to been a work of art, but i'm looking for something with a few aftermarket mods and the car to be in overall decent condition. I don't mind if the car is a T Top or just a regular hardtop, or if it has a grayed out bottom or not. I would prefer the car to not have a red interior. The only thing that is a deal breaker is the car must be a stick, NO autos at all.

I am located in Germantown, MD. I'm about 30-45 min. away from D.C./Tysons Corner & Alexandria, VA. I am willing to travel to come look at the car and potentially purchase and drive it home or trailer it home as I have access to a truck and can rent a trailer.

I am looking to spend $8,000 to $10,000 and have cash in hand and i'm ready to buy now if the right car is available. Please PM me if you have what i'm looking for. I've been a forum member on SVTP, Corral, ModularFords, and other Mustang forums for well over a decade with thousands of posts and a lot of positive feedback.

Thanks!

-Ray
    Last edited by BoostMasterZero; 11-05-2020 at 08:18 PM.

I may have found exactly what I have been looking for. I will keep everyone up to date if I decide to purchase this car in question.

Did you buy it?
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

Quote Originally Posted by 79Coupe View Post
    Did you buy it?
    He ended up with a different one...

https://www.svtperformance.com/threa...miles.1191573/
    Saleen 86-0177

Interesting
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

No sir, I did not. The seller stopped communicating with me. I straight-up asked if if the car was still for sale and he hasn't answer. I would appreciate a little decency and at least just say something like, sorry, the car is is no longer for sale/the car has been sold." Simple and concise, I don't need an explanation, I just want to know that the car is off the market or not.

Oh well, i'm still searching for an 86' GT. At least I got some insight on getting a car transported so I know how and and what to expect with that process. After more looking around, I am more in favor of dark gray and don't mind silver either which I normally am not the biggest fan of.

(EDIT: I've posted nearly a dozen times and my post count just shows 1. I don't know why it will not go up at all.)

Post count does not increase in any classifieds forum, and a few other non-technical forums (Help, Testing, etc). And you've posted four times FYI...three times in this thread and once in an intro thread. Thats why you're at 1.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-08-2020 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Post count does not increase in any classifieds forum, and a few other non-technical forums (Help, Testing, etc). And you've posted four times FYI...three times in this thread and once in an intro thread. Thats why you're at 1.

Interesting. Does it normally go up, and then back to 1. Not that I care, I was just curious since I posted and the post count went up and then back to one. I've never noticed that happen in vBulletin. I'm a moderator on ModFords and i've never seen that nor of the other Mustang forums I frequent. Just an unusual occurrence I thought.

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoostMasterZero View Post
    No sir, I did not. The seller stopped communicating with me. I straight-up asked if if the car was still for sale and he hasn't answer. I would appreciate a little decency and at least just say something like, sorry, the car is is no longer for sale/the car has been sold." Simple and concise, I don't need an explanation, I just want to know that the car is off the market or not.
    I don't have anything constructive to add here, but that has happened to me numerous times through Craigslist. You'll be going along and then complete radio silence. Can't even respond with a simple yes/no if the car is still available. How much effort does that take? I've found that sometimes it takes a while to find both the right car AND the right seller, especially on long distance deals.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVarnes View Post
    I don't have anything constructive to add here, but that has happened to me numerous times through Craigslist. You'll be going along and then complete radio silence. Can't even respond with a simple yes/no if the car is still available. How much effort does that take? I've found that sometimes it takes a while to find both the right car AND the right seller, especially on long distance deals.
    Yeah, that can definitely be a problem. I thought the seller was wholly vested in the deal. He only had the car for a couple years and was adamant that he just wasn't into the hobby anymore so I don't believe he decided to keep the car. He even personally made me 4-5 YouTube videos that were walk-arounds and he discussed issues with the car and positives with the car while also answering some questions I had by showing me certain areas of the car on video. I had agreed to pay full asking price and he agreed and after 4-5 days just no reply. I would text again, and no reply. I finally just realized he wasn't going to go through with the deal.

I understand some people that are just tire kickers, but I have money in hand and i'm ready to buy. Unfortunately i'm so busy with work this December that i've decided to wait until January to look again. Good news is I have more money set aside for a Fox by the end of December and I just sold my 2012 Mustang GT. I still don't want to spend a fortune on this car, and I want it to be a somewhat project car, but runs perfectly, is modified, and I would have no problem driving it a couple times a week max.

Still on the hunt. Very serious buyer here!

Did you see this one? Not mine as reference....

https://winchester.craigslist.org/ct...234385177.html

Yeah, that can definitely be a problem. I thought the seller was wholly vested in the deal. He only had the car for a couple years and was adamant that he just wasn't into the hobby anymore so I don't believe he decided to keep the car. He even personally made me 4-5 YouTube videos that were walk-arounds and he discussed issues with the car and positives with the car while also answering some questions I had by showing me certain areas of the car on video. I had agreed to pay full asking price and he agreed and after 4-5 days just no reply. I would text again, and no reply. I finally just realized he wasn't going to go through with the deal.

I understand some people that are just tire kickers, but I have money in hand and i'm ready to buy. Unfortunately i'm so busy with work this December that i've decided to wait until January to look again. Good news is I have more money set aside for a Fox by the end of December and I just sold my 2012 Mustang GT. I still don't want to spend a fortune on this car, and I want it to be a somewhat project car, but runs perfectly, is modified, and I would have no problem driving it a couple times a week max.
    Email Ryan he might have what you're looking for.
    ryanamos121@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 97snakevert View Post
    Did you see this one? Not mine as reference....

https://winchester.craigslist.org/ct...234385177.html
    That one expired, another person on another forum sent me a craigslist link and it also expired as well.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjoaquin52 View Post
    Email Ryan he might have what you're looking for.
    ryanamos121@gmail.com

I will shoot him an email. Is he a private seller? I'd rather not deal with a dealer at all.

That one expired, another person on another forum sent me a craigslist link and it also expired as well.

I will shoot him an email. Is he a private seller? I'd rather not deal with a dealer at all.
    Yes he’s a private seller

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjoaquin52 View Post
    Yes he’s a private seller

Thanks, i'll reach out to him.

I have a 85 for sale that is red decent car asking $7400. 480-450-9728. Arizona car. Message me and I can send you a kinds of pics

Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/NF0F0vMzCcb
    Last edited by svtrichie; 12-29-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by svtrichie View Post
    I have a 85 for sale that is red decent car asking $7400. 480-450-9728. Arizona car. Message me and I can send you a kinds of pics

Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/NF0F0vMzCcb
    That car is sold according to the ad.

Quote Originally Posted by 97snakevert View Post
    Thanks, I was wondering why I couldn't look at it and had to turn off my VPN temporarily. Not a fan of the hood or SVO spoiler, but the car is in VA, and is clean overall. Those are easily removable items. I'll check it out. Thanks.

I've slowed down my search in a way. I've been looking so hard for one since November and i've had at least 6-7 deals fall through, i've just accepted I have to be patient now and wait to find the right car. A guy who recently bought my 2012 GT bought it from half way across the U.S. and sent the money ASAP and I sent the title and he's been patient with waiting for the transport company to come get the car. He told me he was waiting months to find the right car. So I figure i'll take a page out of his book and just wait to find the right 4-eye.
    Last edited by BoostMasterZero; 01-05-2021 at 03:13 AM.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

I thought it might be worth looking at.
    1983 Mustang GT 5.0L, TRX Pkg, T-Tops, 4 Spd, Polar White, Medium Red Interior, Built 11/22/82, 15,400 original miles, with the original 38 yr old Michelins still on it. Added LMR 17" mesh wheels w/Nitto NT555’s.

Quote Originally Posted by 83 4SPD GT View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

I thought it might be worth looking at.
    That guy is asking $17,000. A bit too much for my budget for a 4-eye. I'm sure the guy spent a lot of money on the car judging by the engine bay which looks very well done and pricey, but other parts of the car look like he didn't go all out on his build considering he's asking $17k. I talked to a guy on FB with an 86' GT that was beautiful and was asking $17,500, but it looked like a car that could command a price above $15k

I have a possible deal for an 86 GT. I plan to look at it next week. The car is a bit of the opposite of what I was wanting, but for this car I would take it. Not exactly modified the way I want, but it's been repainted, in excellent condition, rust free, and in my price range. I don't want to share too much, since every deal seems to fall through, but I will keep you guys posted.

I have a possible deal for an 86 GT. I plan to look at it next week. The car is a bit of the opposite of what I was wanting, but for this car I would take it. Not exactly modified the way I want, but it's been repainted, in excellent condition, rust free, and in my price range. I don't want to share too much, since every deal seems to fall through, but I will keep you guys posted.
    Hope it works out, Good Luck!
    1983 Mustang GT 5.0L, TRX Pkg, T-Tops, 4 Spd, Polar White, Medium Red Interior, Built 11/22/82, 15,400 original miles, with the original 38 yr old Michelins still on it. Added LMR 17" mesh wheels w/Nitto NT555’s.

Quote Originally Posted by 83 4SPD GT View Post
    Hope it works out, Good Luck!
    Thanks, i'm driving up next weekend with my friend in his truck to pick it up. Hopefully everything goes according to plan and if so i'll post pictures of it when I get home.