Close

Question 1983 Mustang GLX, Convertible, 5.0, leather......and original documents.

Hello All

I am new to the Mustang world and have been finding a lot of mixed information on the number produced of this car. I would appreciate any info or assistance that anyone can help me out with.

1983 Mustang GLX 5.0
    1FABP27F4DF119432
    77k Original Miles
    Polar White 9D
    White Leather
    Blue Dash/Woodgrain
    Blue Top
    Manual Roll Down Windows
    # Matching engine complete with factory labels on the valve covers
    Manual 5 speed (I do believe it came with a 4 speed)
    Factory Wheels

The car is missing the original air cleaner, radiator and transmission (I think on the trans it was swapped not 100%).

This car is super clean the pinch welds are perfect and no rot. I stripped the old undercoating off and reapplied a better version. The engine has a aftermarket air cleaner on it and exhaust from the manifold back.

I appreciate any information on this and thoughts on value.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by 83Vert5.0; 11-04-2020 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Adding Pictures

Door tag and buck tag will all tell you the original transmission. If you have and owner card or build sheet they will also otell you the original transmission. The transmission in the car now should have a partial VIN stamped on it, unless it is aftermarket or a service replacement, and you'll know whether that matches the car's VIN.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Power Member

Looks pretty nice, wedge wood blue! . I would imagine it has been restored. Except for the exhaust, most everything looks stock. I would look much closer. Lots of things to check. I don’t see leather on the options list. It should get top dollar $10k+.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Door tag and buck tag will all tell you the original transmission. If you have and owner card or build sheet they will also otell you the original transmission. The transmission in the car now should have a partial VIN stamped on it, unless it is aftermarket or a service replacement, and you'll know whether that matches the car's VIN.
    Thank you sir for the info.

No sir
    Last edited by 83Vert5.0; 11-06-2020 at 04:42 PM.

Thank you and no sir it is not restored. I did clean off the 1983 undercoating and inspected the floor pans, rails and so on before refreshing the underside. I have pictures of it stripped.

Nice Convertible, it is an early build 83, has the 6,000 tach and did originally have a 4 speed.

Thank you for the info sir.