Close

Default Hello from Houston

I've been reading the forum for a few months and thought I would introduce myself and my Mustangs. I live in the north Houston area and I have two 4 eyed foxbodys.

The white convertible is a 1984 GT 5.0 5 speed that my wife's grandfather bought new in late 84. He passed away a few years back and after being stored for a while with a family friend we were lucky enough to be it's new owners. The car is as stock as can be with only 9,300 miles on it. I'd call it a survivor car as it does need some cleanup / retouching of paint and the convertible top, but overall the car is in great original condition.

The yellow hatch is a 1983 that started as a silver/red 4 cylinder GLX. My dad and I bought it in Branson, MO 6-7 years ago. From what we were told, whoever built the car was in southern Illinois and was the original owner. It now has a black interior, a 302 from the early-mid 80s bolted to a T5Z 5 speed transmission, and has a full tubular suspension complete with a coil over shock setup. Even with the older tires, the car sticks to the road like glue and is a blast to drive on curvy roads.

I had a 93 LX 5.0 for 10+ years, but recently sold it to my brother and I am now focusing on the 4 eyed Stangs. I know I have a lot to learn about the older models and have found a lot of great information on this forum. The first thing I am looking to take care of is rebuilding the original Holley 4180C that is in the 84. It leaks fuel on the manifold at idle which I assume is due to the age of the gaskets in the carb. I know nothing about carburetors and would love to find someone in the Houston area that could teach me how to rebuild this one myself. I've done a lot of bolt on type work over the past 20 years, but carbs are something I have never really touched before.

Anyway, thanks for all of the great info I've already found and I look forward to spending more time that I should around here!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

FEP Member

Welcome to the forum! Nice Foxes you have there.

Welcome to FEP fellow Houstonian... Very nice looking cars...