Close

Default Throttle cable connection

Tried searching, but not much info. Perhaps it's my ancient Tapatalk app...

When I move the throttle cable over to the intake to hook up to the Fitech (same as an Edelbrock carb as far as linkage) it seems to have to kink a lot. This would seem to be less than desirable.

What have you folks done to hook the throttle cable up to an Edelbrock type carb linkage?

The Fitech rep said that others use a 'Lockar' (Loklar?) Brand throttle cable and replace it all.

Appreciate the thoughts.

I can post pics tomorrow if that helps.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Check out https://www.summitracing.com/search?...kar%20throttle

Lots of variations available.

Mike

Didn't realize there were so many as I hadn't actually looked them up yet! I was hoping to use the factory cable, but that's ok.
    Think I will pull the stock cable and measure it's length, go a few inches shorter than stock to get rid of the kinks/hard bends.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

I can tell you that Lokar makes quality stuff. I used a Lokar emergency brake kit on my car and it was very high quality. Will use a Lokar dipstick as well.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

I used a cable for 85 5.0/4bbl with a factory bracket, Wieand X-celerator manifold.
    Last edited by gmatt; 10-27-2020 at 09:33 AM.