Close

Default I don't think my EEC/EFI is getting power. Stupid conversion

I went to apply the battery to my EFI setup for the first time today. No sparks or fires, but no juice to the EFI side of the house (I don't think anyways). I checked all the pins going to the computer, and got no voltage out of any of them. The car has 12V though. I can turn the lights on, alarm, etc. The only connection I see or remember that gives 12V to it is the terminal at the starter solenoid. 2 wires(black and blue) molded onto one lug. Did I miss another conection somewhere? Is there an easier way to check for 12V to the EEC?
    1983 5.0L GT with a few bolt-ons

1966 Coupe (Project yet to be finished)

Don't forget a good ground. I had a EEC problem and it turned out to be the ground for the EEC. Also there is a EEC power relay there as well.

Those can be the things to look for first.
    Only 1 Four eye left now and it is a 64 fairlane 2 door post! Think 408W with Griggs GR350 suspension!

Yeah, I tested the EEC ground, it's good. You're talking about the one mounted near the computer, right? Has a wire and a braided line connected to the eyelet lug?

I believe thats the relay you want. It usually has a green connector going to the relay. The fuel pump relay shouuld chime in too for a second when the key is turned. You should have 12v all the time to the main EEC relay and to pin #1 on the computer connector. Its tough to diagnose not being there but its gotta be one of only 4-6 possible wires, either a ground or 12v going to the computer or the main EEC relay.

Yeah, I double checked the wiring diagram. Then tested the relay. I neglected to hook up the ign hot wire to the ign. So the relay had 12V, but was doing nothing with it. Now I can hear the fuel pump relay click on and everything.

It's getting closer.................................

I still need to:
    buy and install the inline fuel pump
    run the fuel lines
    mount the tank
    cut fender to install cold air fender K&N

FEP Senior Member

looking good.

keep us posted!
    --John

One Owner '86 GT - Exhaust, Gears, Basics, otherwise stock.
    NOS - It's an abbrevation, not a word.

Thats good. Glad it was easy.

I just noticed, you must be running a battery relocation kit. Which one did you go with?

I've got the Blue Moroso box in the back. I have it running the pos. through a gromet under the rear seat. I wonder if there is a more forward gromet to run it through. When I had the carpet out, I wanted to keep it inside, then run it through the firewall. There was no easy placeto run it through though.