Close

Thread: floor pans

Default floor pans

Hello everyone:

I'm due for floor pans and was wondering about OPR quality and where they might be made. I doubt anyone makes them in the US anymore. I've searched a few suppliers and maybe someone has used these or another good brand.

Thanks.

I am not familiar with OPR, so I can't speak to their quality or fit. As for production, virtually of the aftermarket sheetmetal is produced overseas in Taiwan, Philippines, China, etc. unfortunately that is just the true these days. I have not installed any of the aftermarket floor pans as of yet, but several other members on here have used the LMR full pan with success. Keep in mind that most of the aftermarket floor pans are designed for the 87-93 cars and have different ribs, and stampings. The floor will work in a Four Eye, but is not 100% the same, so some modifications may be needed for proper fit. Personally I recommend the full pan replacement as ultimately it is easier and a more solid repair when finished then welding in the two sides. Best of Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Still in 2020 I find this a crazy conversation. Clean, solid cars are still everywhere in the south and they are cheap. Yes. obviously you have to pay maybe $600-$1,000 to ship it. What does it cost to buy a China made floor pan and then brace your car and cut out the old pans and weld in the new ones? Then you have to make the proper modifications to make it fit the four eye. I continue to be baffled by this. An emotional attachment I totally get. I have a car I really don't even want that I inherited when my Father passed away. I would not have purchased this car but it is what it is so I still have it. And I take care of it. So I get that. Outside of that, I don't know why people torture themselves when clean cars are available if you just put the effort in to finding them.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Clean cars are available, but depending on skill level, tools, work space, "free time" , etc. it can still be cheaper to fix what you have than to buy something else. This can definitely be true depending on specific models, trim types, year, etc.

Besides some of us are just hard headed and don't learn quickly.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller